He was going to find the fucker that dared to hurt his Lan Zhan. Both the ones that had used the needle on him, and the ones that had held him down. Of that, Wei Ying had no doubts; Lan Zhan was so strong, he would have fought back. The only reasonable explanation for his kidnapping was that whoever it was had the element of surprise, ambushing him when he was alone.

"Both the needle and the container for whatever they injected him with are being tested now." Baoshan Sanren says, watching him carefully.

Wei Ying's face was pale with tension, and he was wound up tighter than a Jack-in-the-box toy. He needed an outlet for all that stress, and Baoshan Sanren had the best idea on how to expel it.

"He hasn't moved for five minutes. My guess is that it isn't just a carpark."

"Yeah, Wen Qing told Wen Ning to get us out of there, and he took us through it. There was a long concrete corridor with doors going off it. If he's not in a vehicle, then he might be there, somewhere." Wei Ying tells them.

"Then, this is where I shine, Baby!" Mo XuanYu wears a cheeky grin while he opens another tab on the side and effortlessly hacks into the council's records for blueprints. He searches for medical facilities and quickly types in what he wants.

Wei Ying's eyes follow the movement of his fingers, and he can see the blue dragon tails on his fingers dancing in sync with his motion, and strangely, it calms him.

"Okay, I may have to do something dodgy here," Mo XuanYu adds, his fingers typing faster than Wei Ying can make out. "And a teensy bit illegal." He snickers to himself.

"And that wasn't?" Wei Ying asks wryly.

"Well, that was just your basic getting-to-know-your-back-alley type digging. But this guy's wearing really tight trousers, if you get my drift. There's no way we'll get that 'flower' to open without easing the way." He pulls out a packet of watermelon gum and taking one red foiled piece out, offers it to his spectators.

Wei Ying accepts, but his Grandmother just rolls her eyes.

"And, it might take a while. All I'm getting is redacted stuff, so we'll have to dig deeper." Mo XuanYu snaps the gum furiously in his mouth, the only sound in the quiet room aside from the lively fire.

"Like, how long?" Wei Ying asks after five minutes of disjointed grunting.

"This ain't like a TV show," Mo XuanYu murmurs. "All that CSI shit, those detective shows? They HAVE to fit in all the action into a one hour slot, tops. This?" He gestures towards the screen. "This is live, and as real as it gets, Sweetheart. If I say it's gonna take time, then it's gonna take time!"

"There's something else you can help me with, A-Ying." Baoshan Sanren quickly jumps in when Wei Ying looks like he's spoiling for a fight, and going to push it.

"Okay, sure. What is it?" Wei Ying is already standing up.

"Come with me, I'll explain on the way." She tells him. To Mo XuanYu, she says, "if that dot moves even one millimetre, I want to know." Her tone is extremely serious.

Mo XuanYu nods absentmindedly, fully concentrating on his task.

Wei Ying follows her out to the elevator, where she presses a number of the floor where he's never been before.

It's the lowest one, yet.

*******************

The elevator door slides open to a dark, dank basement floor, smelling of bleach and mould. There's a dampness in the air, though the walls are jagged concrete. There's hardly any lighting, and it's all very dim.