sam, tara and her mom got in the car, tara was the first one to speak, " damn athena! i didn't know you had that in you! "  tara smiled, that made athena's day - i mean of course she loves her best friend. while athena turned to her, and blew her a kiss, while gale smiled at her daughter, " you remind me of sidney. a lot. "  athena turned to her mom while starting her car, " who'd sid do that to? "  she laughed at the thought of sid slapping a news anchor.

" me. " gale said, and athena started cackling, while gale stared at her, " stop it isn't funny.. "  she muttered, " whatever makes you feel better.. " she whispered as she started driving. the car ride wasn't fully silent, they had small conversations as the radio played  " my tears ricochet " , the song was scarily going with the vibe, of the world or at least the world of new york.

gale smiled at her daughter and spoke, " drop me off at the penthouse, i need some alone time. "  the girl drove a little more before, arriving at the penthouse entrance, " bye mom, stay safe, and i love you."  she hugged her, " i love you sweetheart, stay safe. " she said placing a kiss on her daughter's cheek, as she entered her building and athena, sam and tara drove away.

" what are we doing? " the girl turned to sam and tara - who were sat in the backseat. " go to the university park, mindy said something about it in the group chat." sam said, as the girl started heading back to the university. " athena, play a happy song, the vibes are really well- dark. "  athena groaned since her comfort song was playing " daddy issues", the girl shuffled through her playlist and ended up on " style ", her and tara loved this song, and honestly that was a understatement, and once tara heard the beat, she almost screamed.

the next solid, 15 minutes of driving were tara singing- screaming, taylor swift or literally any songs, sam and athena were about to loose it, but the arrived so it didn't matter, and the three of them got out.

they all sat down as they saw everyone else gathered, " i see you guys could finally make it! "  mindy said sarcastically. " shut up. " athena and sam mumbled, while mindy looked at them, confused, " what is up with you too? " she asked, before athena turned to tara, " this little moron screamed in are ears..- for 15 minutes! " athena basically screamed, while everyone started laughing.

mindy interrupted the laughing, " listen up nerds, as terrifying as it is, im glad i get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time " mindy spoke to them, as she continued with her horror non-sense, " the way i see it, they're making a sequel to the requel?", athena looked at mindy confused, " speak english lady. " , before anika spoke up aswell, " um, what's a requel? " anika questioned, mindy smiled at her girlfriend, " you're beautiful sweetie , save questions until the end. "

as athena turned to her best-friend who looked lost in her thought, she said, " do you think the killers are trying to copy the movies? "  before mindy sighed , " that's possible , characters are in college, just like sidney and randy in stab 2" she said before pressing her lips together, and continued "nobody just makes sequels anymore , so rule 1, we're in a franchise, bigger cast, bigger budget, bigger body count , longer chases, shoot outs, beheadings- " chad and ethan's eyes widened, " beheadings? " both blurted out.

" beheadings, " mindy nodded, before continuing her horror logic rant, " rule 2, new characters brought in just to round out the suspect list or the body count, legacy characters are expendable, brought in just to be killed off in some cheap bid for nostalgia , not looking good for  kirby, gale and our one and only, athena. "

which fear crept into her mind, dying was definitely not on her bucket list of the year, when suddenly a hand held onto hers and she turned to see ethan smiling at her, squeezing her hand a bit, which made her smile back.