𝙏𝙊 𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙈𝙀

RUNNING OUT OF TIME

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47

Runnin' out of time,
runnin' out of time,
runnin' out of time
Runnin' out of time,
to make you love me.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀𝙈𝙄𝙇𝙊 𝙃𝙊𝙋𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙇𝙔. He has never been much of a dreamer really. His mind was a black box whenever he went to sleep. Most of the time after he wakes up, he ends up forgetting whatever he dreamt of, and then at school, his friends would laugh at him for saying "I don't dream, you know?" after they ask him about his day prior.

This all changes a week before freshman year when his mother dies and his life falls apart.

His uncle Ivan moves in with him and his father, making the apartment reek of beer and paint, which comes from the cocaine he loves to sneak into the place without his father knowing.

Ivan Hope was a shady man. Full of mysteries and lies but especially, full of rage. Being around him was actually fun when Milo was younger but then he disappeared for years and when he came back, it felt like he was just the shell of the person he once was.

After a few sleepless nights because of his sore body, Milo had a dream for the first time. And it wasn't one that he would like to remember but it had been engraved itself into his brain.

There was Spider-Man, a vigilante that had been sneaking around the Queens' neighborhood, chatting with him like it was just another day in both of their lives. Things were different, his suit was something he had never seen before, a product of dreamland, but it still felt real enough for him to feel like he was living the dream. But then they argued, Spider-Man seemed on edge, looking all around them to spot what was putting them in danger.

A guy in a glider slid in without a warning and took Milo with him, flying toward the very tip of the clock tower and then, he dropped Milo, who couldn't even scream from the shock. He couldn't bring himself to look down even if he could since he was falling backwards.

Spider-Man caught him midair and took the fall for him, Milo breathed thankfully but it wasn't over. The fight between Spider-Man and the Goblin fell on deaf ears as Milo was too scared to hear anything aside from his heartbeat going at the same rhythm as the ticking of the clock tower.

Then, an explosion above him went off and the floor gave up beneath his feet making him float in the air again for a few milliseconds before falling again, just a few meters above his death.

A web caught his arm in time and once again, Spider-Man had all his life in his hands. Yet, this time he couldn't breathe in out of relief because there was a suspicious feeling of dread forming in the pit of his stomach. He looked up, eyes locking with Spider-Man's lenses and he could only guess he was looking back at him.

For some reason he could feel the other man's worry for him, he was scared, and he didn't feel confident enough about saving him this time.

The goblin still fought, not satisfied until death rested upon his hands.

Milo thought about his life, but it wasn't his. Peter and him meeting after Flash Thompson broke a camera Milo had never seen before. Peter is Spider-Man (wow, dreams were strange). Peter and him fighting a lizard and surviving, but not his father. The funeral. Graduation. Peter breaking up with him (they were dating?). Oscorp. College admissions. England. Peter and Electro. Peter and him above a bridge, they were moving to England together. And then, they were here.