The Peculiar Matters

Kimberly woke up on the floor. I fell? And as if an answer, she began to feel a pain on her forehead. "Ow" she said. Kimberly looked around and she was still in the veranda and it's still night. She checked the time on her iPod and it says: 30 minutes past 10. She yawned. Sleep knocks in her mind again. Kim stood up and suddenly she fell on the floor again. She cried as her butt absorbs the pain from the fall. I'm dreaming, she realizes. She closed her eyes and when she opened it her surroundings changed.

There was fog everywhere and she felt that she wasn't sitting on a tiled floor anymore. It was ground. A high-pitched wicked laugh echoed in the air. There was nothing to be seen with the thick fog all over the place. Another kind of wicked laugh filled the air. It was deep and loud. Then there was a scream of agony. Agony. Agony. Fear starts to rise in Kimberly's chest. No, she thought, I can fight them. I've been through this several times.

"Save us!" a woman's painful scream shots into the space. "luwasa mi!"

"The demons......" another voice tries to continue "they want to use our bodies..." it stopped with a cry. Kimberly begins to shake. They're here again, she thought, demons. Why does it always had to with demons? This is another nightmare! Wicked laugh surrounds the space again. Not wanting to see them, she closed her eyes.

"They want to destroy you" a voice says once more.

      Destroy me? Kimberly tries to move her hand and it wont. Her paralysis effect of a nightmare began. If I won't wake up, they'll have me. God help me. And as if on cue she remembers how to end these kinds of nightmares. In her mind she begins chanting: I AM A DAUGHTER OF GOD! NO EVIL CAN TOUCH ME. And there were unhuman voices screaming. Keep it going.. I AM A DAUGHTER OF GOD! NO EVIL CAN TOUCH ME!

Kimberly bolted right up from her chair wheezing. Sweat buds on her forehead. It has been a long time since she had such nightmares where in it, she freezes and can't move a muscle then wakes up catching air. Her nightmares were always associated with demons chasing her and if not, they're about bad memories. Her head pains as she tries to remember her dream. But not a thing comes in her mind. This is what she hates the most.

      Kimberly realizes that it's still night and looking up, the stars still twinkle brightly. She let out a heavy and loud sigh. She glanced at her iPod for the time. It says 12:09. Kimberly stood up and headed for her room to get some peaceful sleep.

By God's grace, Kimberly woke up feeling lively. It's late morning. And the big clock above her dresser tells it's 8:45. Her room brightened with the sun's rays striking through her thin window curtains. She rubbed her eyes as she looked up and stared. And one of the most irritating things ever in life happens: seeing Philip's undeniably fascinating smile there at the ceiling. Philip Guerilla, the guy of her ideal standards, always starts her day. But Kimberly has no idea how this day will change her life.

      Kimberly thought of playing games in her iPod when suddenly a message beeped on her phone. It was Hennie.

*we have to meet at the mall. 9:30. Food court. Got something to tell you.

      She replied okay and assumed it's about her romantic progress with Tim. Like duh? Kimmy thought. But she knows she could never say no to her. Hennie's the girl she'd wanted to be a sister. Hennie knows a lot about Kim and so does Kim about her. They've become friends on first year and 'til now and maybe forever.