Chapter 4: Karma Sucks!

Start from the beginning

Touma's POV:

"So, what is your great power if it isn't that personal." Ms. Yomikawa said. "Would this really be a good idea?" I thought. "Well, if Ms. Komoe told her then... wait, I thought I told her too- Rotten luck." I thought. "Ok, but I don't really know that much about it either. All I know is that I had it in my right hand for the longest. Imagine Breaker is able to negate the supernatural including esper abilities when it makes contact with it." I said. "Are you saying it's not an esper ability?" Ms. Yomikawa asked. "I can't really say. All I know is that when I did the Power Curriculum Program, it marked me with no esper potential." I replied. "Imagine Breaker couldn't be detected or measured. I can't activate or deactivate it either." I added, while staring at my hand. "But how?! You're still an esper but... actually, that explains why you're a level zero." Ms. Yomikawa said. "But still, this power isn't able to be detected. That is some special hand you have." She said. "I wish I knew about it more but I don't. All I know is its the pinnacle of my bad luck." I said.

"But two weeks before when the terrorists attacked, Imagine Breaker has somehow transferred into my left hand and I can now use new abilities." I said. "For example, an aura surrounds me when I negate the supernatural with Imagine Breaker, I can create a shockwave when I punch the ground and do stronger punches when the aura surrounds with my left hand." I added. "Just like during the previous terrorist attack." Ms. Yomikawa said. "Ms. Komoe said that this aura could be my own form of AIM even though it could actually be negating the real AIM field if I did have an ability." I said. "Hmm, now you mention this, there was an aura surrounding you but in other colors too." Ms. Yomikawa said. "The color of the aura?" I said. "Wait that's right. The first time it was purple then yellow and cyan." I thought.

"I've set it before and I'll say it again; Komoe is definitely lucky to have a student like you." Ms. Yomikawa said. "If only you knew how much bad luck it brings me." I thought. "Now to the next matter at hand." She said. "Please don't be about that." I thought. "I wanted to discuss your involvement with the terrorist attacks." Ms. Yomikawa said. "I want to say I was at the wrong place at the right time but that doesn't apply to all scenarios." I said. "Well for the first attack, you were. As for the second and third, I would like to hear your side before I come to a conclusion." Ms. Yomikawa said.

"Ok. At Tokiwadai, I was with my friends while working on a project. Then, some kind of blue monster from the last time the terrorists attacked came where me and my friends were. Then somehow I was teleported into Tokiwadai." I said. "So that's how you got into the Garden of Learning. But how, If your right hand cancels out esper abilities, then how did you get teleported to the Garden of Learning?" Ms. Yomikawa said. "I wish I knew." I replied. "As for the third time, I ran into the giant blue monster again in a storage building. Luckily, I was able to drive it off with my negation pulse which allows me to nullify the supernatural and somehow weakened it." I said. "Hmm, I remember now. You did the same when that bomb came down above you." Ms. Yomikawa said. "Yes." I said. "And here I thought you have an ulterior motive or something." She said. "What does that mean? Even if I did, not that I would, my bad luck would have gotten me caught in the act." I thought.

"Well, you certainly are an interesting boy, Kamijou." She said. "Yeah, that's me in a nutshell." I said. "That's the reason why Touka and I are requesting that you join Judgment." Ms. Yomikawa said. "I knew she would mention that." I thought. "T-that again?" I asked. "Why do you look so reluctant? It's not going to kill you or anything." She said. "After all, the benefits are great; You can skip classes and stay up past curfew... Oh wait, you probably do that anyway." Ms. Yomikawa added. "Or is it something else?" She asked. "It's not that." I replied. "My life is way too chaotic as it is. If I have Judgment, that will add more fuel to the fire." I said, then Ms. Yomikawa sighed.