021. daddy issues

Depuis le début

"Bye Eva,"

♡ ♡ ♡

The train ride was pretty peaceful the entire ride. She sat in an empty compartment considering there weren't a lot of people on the train because most students stay at school for the break.

She took the time on the train to catch up on the reading that she had been missing out on. Remus had lent Eva a book for the train ride claiming that it was one of the best books he'd ever read and Eva had to admit he was right. The words were put together beautifully to make the most elegant sentences she's ever read. She fell in love with the main characters who had such interesting ways of thinking and she fell more in love with the side characters who had such charismatic personalities. She felt like she was transported to their world, walking the same streets as them, talking the same way as they do, dealing with the same problems they've been experiencing. It felt like each word was carefully put in to make the reader believe that they were inside the book.

When the train ride was over and they had arrived at the station she was almost positive that her parents weren't actually gonna be there picking her up and as she walked out of the train and looked around for her parents they were not there, in their place was the family's personal driver whom Eva had known for most of her life. Her mother didn't like the feeling of apparitions so she hired a driver to take them places.

She waved to the driver for him to notice her as she walked towards him.

"Hello, Miss Rosewood," the driver spoke softly.

"Hi Douglas, how've you been?" Eva spoke with kindness. They walked together to find their car.

"I've been okay. How was the train ride?"

"It was boring but I took a nap halfway so I enjoyed that part," she smiled.

"That's great miss," he opened the door for her and she thanked him kindly.

♡ ♡ ♡

Eva walked into the Rosewood mansion immediately feeling the cold environment. She made her way to the kitchen where she found her family's house elf, Bunly, which she had nicknamed "bunny" when she was little because she couldn't pronounce the 'Ly' sound.

"Hi bunny, how are you?" she asked the elf.

"Miss Rosewood," she bowed. "I wasn't expecting you to be back so soon, would you like me to make you some food?"

She shook her head no while she hopped up on the kitchen island popping a piece of candy in her mouth. "and Bunny what did I say about the 'miss rosewood'" she made air quotes. "You don't have to be that formal, it's just me,"

"I apologize Miss Eva!" Eva shook her head with a smile.

"Bunny, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course Miss Eva! anything," the house elf nodded.

"do you know where my parents have gone and when they're coming back?"

"oh, dear! Miss Rosewood and Mr. Rosewood have not told Bunly anything but I suspect they're at the Malfoy's. They have been spending a lot of time there,"