ꕤ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 | coincidence?

Start from the beginning

"yes," jungwon couldn't help but laugh at her surprised expression, "seems like you knew my name before i knew yours."

"seems like it..." y/n laughed nervously, looking anywhere but at him, "i-i forgot you were supposed to drop by today."

"i thought you were supposed to be the smart one between you and heeseung," jungwon teased, "but it seems like you're a forgetful one."

y/n rolled her eyes, "hurry up and come inside before i change my mind. i'm already embarrassed enough."

"all right," jungwon grinned as he entered the beach house, setting his backpack and guitar case down by the front door.

"it's such a coincidence that we already met yesterday," jungwon started a conversation while y/n fixed herself up to look more presentable.

"yeah, i was surprised to see it was you," y/n admitted, heading into the kitchen and fetching the last red apple from her bag.

"you seemed frustrated when you answered the door," jungwon commented, "were you expecting someone else?"

"honestly, i was," y/n replied, "this guy named jake helped me with my stuff when i told him i didn't need any help. he was shamelessly flirting with me, so i kicked him out."

"jake? as in jake sim?" jungwon suddenly perked up at the name.

"yeah...why?" y/n asked, biting into her apple.

"stay away from him," jungwon said, "he's not exactly the best guy to hang around with."

"i didn't like him anyway," y/n laughed, "but now i'm curious as to why you say that."

"not only is he the mayor's son, he's myrtle city's biggest heart-breaker," jungwon began, "just because he's rich and powerful, he thinks he can get whatever he wants. he's probably messed with most of the girls who stay at myrtle beach, and every confrontation wasn't pretty."

"i could tell he was a rich snob from the very start, he doesn't really hide it," y/n rolled her eyes, "but thank you for letting me know."

"any time," jungwon grinned, "you know, you're not nearly as bad as heeseung made you out to be."

"what did he say about me?" y/n asked, suddenly nervous.

"nothing bad," jungwon raised his hands defensively, "he just said that you have an addiction to studying and working."

y/n sighed, "let me guess, your job is to make sure i have fun doing outdoor activities than studying at the beach house for the entire summer?"

"you're right," jungwon grinned cheekily, "i wanted to discuss things we can do. we could go on a hike, the amusement park, the-"

"i'm not interested in any of the things you mentioned," y/n interrupted jungwon from speaking further.

jungwon's smile faltered, "oh come on, there's so much to do here! how many times have you had an already paid vacation for the entire summer?"

"never, and i never wanted one," y/n groaned, "if that's all you wanted to talk about, then you can leave."

"bu-"

"don't you have to perform?" y/n gestured to his guitar case, "you should probably get going anyway, you don't want to be late."

even though jungwon wanted to argue with the hard-headed girl, she had a point.

"...fine, but this isn't a sign of me giving up, i'll get you out of this beach house eventually," the boy grinned, waving at her as he exited her beach house and into the streets of myrtle beach.