ii| Air Catcher

I won't fall in love with falling
我不会爱上坠落

The most interesting thing about Mai Chen was the way she would reject every single possibility that someone could ever find attractive

The most interesting thing about Mai Chen was the way she would reject every single possibility that someone could ever find attractive. Quite frankly, she rathered they didn't because it would only prove as a distraction from the work she was trying to do.

She had led herself into the rabbit hole of not letting anyone get close because she knew they would only run once they found out that everything they would do would have some kind of inconvenience. Mai lived with it but she wasn't sure she wanted to put that on someone else. So, she rejected love altogether.

Life was easier that way.

It wasn't like Mai was lonely, she enjoyed living life free in Milan, going where she wanted without having to worry about someone having a say it. She wasn't particularly hard to convince of most things and she knew someone could easily have the upper hand in a relationship if they wanted it...she'd rather not.

Not to mention, her lovely sister-in-law had put her off love for a long time.

Mai was glad she wasn't around for the day. She didn't care how much Huan loved the woman, she hated Averia and the way she treated him like an object. If it was the other way around, the world would have something to say about it.

"Aunt Mai, I can't get my shoeys on!" Luli cried.

"I will help," Mai assured, kneeling in front of her. 

She placed the mini Converse shoes on her niece and neatly tied the bows, along with making sure Luli had her socks on properly. It was warm outside but not as warm as it usually was in Singapore so Luli had a coat on while Mai didn't.

"Let us go," Mai took her hand.

"Yes, let's go!" Luli jumped up and down in excitement.

Mai shook her head with a laugh.

"Before we go, do you remember what your dad and I said?" Mai questioned softly.

"If you take a nap, to phone daddy!" Luli nodded. "I know your phone password!"

"Good, we can go," Mai nodded.

Mai expected the route to be busy as it normally was but on the way day she needed a crowded area, there was no one around. Pacepalming, she realised it was the middle of the week and she didn't live in an area that had a lot of tourists. 

Nothing was going to happen and if it did, Luli was a smart girl.

"Can we play a game on the way?" Luli begged while they walked.

"What do you want to play?" Mai asked.

"Hide and Seek?"

"Absolutely not."