A feeling of warmth calms him.

It is soothing like ice on hot eyes, a soft blanket on cooled skin, easing away the discomfort. And it seems to be emanating from Wei Ying. Lan Zhan feels surrounded by the scent of lotus flowers and vanilla, and there's a trace of citrus, healing, refreshing him.

His shirt is wet with Wei Ying's tears, and he gently eases his boyfriend away so he can wipe under his eyes. Just this action alone eases the pressure behind his own eyes, and Lan Zhan is amazed that he feels better already.

"Wei Ying, it is alright. I am feeling better now," Lan Zhan reassures him.

"Are you sure?" Wei Ying's eyes are still beautiful but red and puffy now.

"Mn. Wei Ying did something, like before." Lan Zhan tries to remember when it was, and he thinks it was when he was panicking about the Social services visit, and Wei Ying had somehow managed to soothe away his anxiety, then too.

"You made me feel better, now and also at that time," Lan Zhan continues, wanting to explain it properly. "Somehow, Wei Ying is able to project whatever he wants me to feel through himself. This is the second time."

Wei Ying thinks about what Lan Zhan is suggesting, while he presses the heels of his palms to his eyes in an attempt to calm them down so A-Yuan won't say anything. His son is far too sharp for his own good.

"I'm doing it on purpose?"

"Mn. When you wanted me to be calm, that's what I felt through you, and just now, you wanted me to let go of my grief, and I was only able to via our connection. Wei Ying helped." Lan Zhan brings him closer, unable to suffer even that smallest of separations.

"I wonder if it would work on anyone else? Or do you think it's just us because we've been sharing the physical stuff too?" Wei Ying ponders this, as they begin to saunter back towards the squeals of helpless laughter.

"I do not know. But, I am grateful." Lan Zhan brings his lips down to rest on top of Wei Ying's head.

"You know there's no need for that. It was your idea that we don't say thank you or sorry." Wei Ying reaches up to kiss his cheek warmly. "But I hope XiChen-Ge will not be alone tonight, I mean, he has us, but I bet MingJue-Ge would want to be there for him. She was his mother, too."

"Mn. I will let Xiongzhang know." Lan Zhan shoots off a quick text, asking his brother and his boyfriend to meet them earlier than they intended. He doesn't want to discuss the box and its contents like this, through an impersonal message.

Luckily, XiChen agrees easily and tells him they should be at the Lan Manor in a few hours.

Wei Ying discovers the reason why his children are having so much fun; both Baoshan Sanren and Xiao XingChen have jumped into the ball pit with them and they are playing an exciting game of tag.

Baoshan Sanren climbs out of it as elegantly as a runway model, with her form-fitting dress still in place and her hairstyle intact.

Wei Ying thinks that's a miracle in itself.

"Is it alright if we borrow the charger?" He asks his grandmother, gesturing to Lan Zhan's hand.

She waves it away as if it's an inconsequential matter.

"You saw where it was, and I hardly needed it. But I get the feeling you're going to tell me something I'm not gonna like, right?" Her mouth smiles but it doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"Yeah, we should be making our way back. Lan Zhan wants to know what's on his mother's phone with his brother." Wei Ying explains, looking between the two of them.