I woke up by the sun shining through the blinds in the bedroom. Rubbing my eyes i sit myself up and am greeted with a banging headache. As i start to become more concuous and awake i notice that i'm in a large bed with black bedsheets. The room was decorated to a minimum that somehow looked luxury. i then looked down at myself to realise i was wearing the kook academy football jersey from last season. my heart sinks. i'm in rafe cameron's room, in rafe cameron's bed, in rafe cameron's clothes. and before i had time to recall last night rafe walks in. great.

"how did you sleep?" he asks grabbing his watch from the side table and putting it on. He was wearing a striped blue button up and some shorts. The top buttons of his shirt were left open to reveal some of his collarbone and chest. 

i take a moment to compose myself and calm myself down at whatever mess i've landed myself in. "it was good" i said awkwardly, but i figured it would be best if i just spat out the question, "rafe, did we..?" i trail off.

He realises what i'm insinuating and starts laughing to himself and shaking his head "no, no we didn't. you were very drunk & you had beer down your shirt so i put you in that." he explained himself. but that only out more alarm bells in my head; he saw me naked. well not totally naked but in my underwear?!?
"and no, i looked away mostly when i was changing you, so i didn't see anything" he reassures as if he could read my mind.

"why did you put me in your room, where'd you sleep?" By now i start getting out of bed and putting on my trousers.
"because i figured Sarah would bring john B home and you were far more faded than me so i thought you should probably be the one with the better bed. i stayed in the spare room." oh. some part of me was disappointed. i don't know at what. but i just feel a little bit let down.
"i'm gonna let you finish getting changed. Sarah's downstairs eating breakfast." he smiles at me and leaves.

after getting myself dressed and brushing my hair out, i walk down stairs to be greeted with all of the pogues chatting about something around the kitchen table.
"morning Lani" Sarah smiles at me when she notices me coming down. i just put my middle finger at her because of last night. she laughs and tells john b to look. "fuck you, you left me you bitch!" i joke and chuck some blueberries from the breakfast table at her. everyone's gasps.
"oh no you fucking didn't" she stares at me with a mischievous look. i bite my lip and grab the spoon out of the greek yoghurt and flick it off at her.
the yoghurt goes all over her face and hair. "yes i fucking did". she gasps at me before grabbing the ketchup for the fry up and spraying it all over me.

"oh your so fucking dead sarah cameron." i screaming as i start grabbing shit to throw at her. soon enough everyone joins in. i was throwing maple syrup at JJ and strawberries at pope. for about fifteen minutes straight we all threw the contents of what was laid on the table at eachother.

"stop! stop! i surrender!" i scream as everyone is about to dump everything on me. we're all laughing our asses off while trying to clean ourselves off.

Sarah, Kie and i all head upstairs to shower and clean ourselves up before we go out. today is the pogue-kook intervention. Sarah had an idea to try & merge the two friend groups together, in her head it made sense to all be friends given that it was only jj, pope and john b who weren't friends with the kooks. Kie and I warmed up to them again after we became friends with Sarah.

i put on something casual from some clothes i've previously left at Sarah's. I had some white shorts and a crochet jumper on with my converse. it's s basic fit but i don't care. (picture below)

 once everyone's ready, we all jump in the twinkie and head over to the country club

——————-
i low-key hate this chapter. sorry. trynna build it up before getting to the juicy parts

- A xo💋