4: 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻.

Start from the beginning

Just call me Cupid, boop.

"So...?" We said in unison.

My thoughts have been racing today. I was trying to ignore the memory of Jessy's words, but, it was difficult. Tricky to ignore after a while being that tomorrow was Monday. Inevitably. So, mentally I'm preparing for the meet up with Ka'Dafii. After a few rather clarifying questions — I confirmed the shop's weekly schedule. It was closed on Sunday and Monday. While being exclusive to only appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are walk-in days.

Meaning this appointment was intimate in the sense of privacy. That made me wander into what-ifs and possibilities. Good and bad, unfortunately.

"You go first." We said again and I laughed at Jessy's exaggerated sigh towards me. "I'm serious. You go first."

"No," She said crossing her arms. "I got a good feeling this is about someone important."

Rolling my eyes, I sat back, playfully shooing her away with the motion of my hand.

"Girl, please. You always trying to read my mind, dang."

"So, I wasn't wrong. Spill it."

"Who do you think I'm about to ask you about?" Jessy gave me a look that spoke louder than words. Her eyes pleaded with me to give up the false hope. "Okay, fine. So...what's the deal with your cousin?"

"What do you ever so mean, dear?" She asked in a playful tone.

"Jessy."

"Okaayy, fine," J shrugged her shoulders before looking up to the bartender who waved at us. With a quick word, the young lady asked for a few moments. Promising to be right back to take our orders. We weren't in a rush of any sort.

"KD is...private. Very private and he's been that way since he was young. Even as a kid Kai was more of the motor box with a mouth while KD kept his thoughts to himself. He and Mari are close. But they do their own things too," All of that was cute, but that's not what I wanted to know. And with a quick glance over Jessy figured that out.

Hell, she barely talks to Mari.

"He's single...is that what you wanted to know?" Possibly. Hell, I don't know. I thought that was what I needed. But pinpointing the emotion was even more difficult.

"No...maybe. I don't know, I'm just nervous about tomorrow."

"Mm..." Was her response and then we were being treated by the returning waitress.

"Sorry about the wait, babes. It's crazy in here. I feel like the whole East Point," She wasn't exactly exaggerating at the moment. "Can I start y'all with any drinks? We're currently doing our happy hour special. All house margaritas are half price."

"I'll take a strawberry." I told her with quickness, excited to have the option.

"Me too, but mango instead," Jessy stated and the young lady wrote it down. "You know what you want?"

"Yep."

With that, the two of us finished our orders with entree meals. Before our waitress could walk away, she was told there was a wait time of twenty minutes for the food.

"You shouldn't be nervous. KD is a gentleman. Like I said he's private. I know of only two girls he's seriously dated and he's been known to treat them as queens. Plus I told you he has had this crush on you for over a year now," Yeah, I was able to piece that together rather quickly myself.

"You won't hear about him in the streets because he keeps himself far away from gossip. Hell, I don't even know the last time the man was a in relationship. Maybe three years ago. He's messed around, I'm sure, but it's nun' of my business, so I can't tell you, mamas."