Chapter One- The principal's office

Opal POV-

Opal rushed to her class. Giving one glance at her reflection on the door, she was inside. 

"Ms. Black. You're late again." The teacher sighed.

"I know sorry." Opal mumbled quickly.

"Well, go sit by Sydney over there." The teacher pointed to a seat in the corner of the room. 

Opal quickly sat down in her seat, ignoring all the looks her classmates were giving her. She pulled out her textbook and tried to focus, but soon felt her mind drifting. 

"Did I take my meds today?" She thought. "I think so. Wait- I forgot to lock the door- no no I did that."

"Opal? Opal!" 

"Wha-what?" Opal snapped out of her thoughts to see Sydney looking at her.

"Mr. Jackson asked you a question!"

Opal looked up to see the entire class looking at her, as if waiting for her to say something. She looked at the board confused. Working out the problem in her head, she quickly answered. 

"23."

"Very good Opal." The teacher said.

Right before class ended, the principal came over the intercom. 

"May I please have Opal Black and Sydney Novak to my office please?"

The two stood up, confused. They ignored the class's "ooo's" as they headed toward the principal's office. 

Upon entry, they found the principal and counselor waiting for them. Principal Meyers gestured for them to sit. 

"Lets get straight to the point. Ms. Novak, I would like you to follow Opal around as she attends her classes. It will only be for this week, then you will attend your classes again. You will be dismissed from all of your classes for the entire week."

Sydney stood there, shocked. 

"What is the reason for this exactly?" She asked.

"Opal here has a history of skipping school midday and we have found nothing that has successfully kept her in the building for the entire day."

Opal remained silent as everyone in the room looked at her.

"Sure why not." Sydney said.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is my first story so obviously its not amazing. This chapter's kinda short so I plan on making longer ones in the future. What's your fave movie?

(347 words)