Defence

"So, I stay in this post?" Said the unexperienced rooky

The Argentinian army had two
current borders at the time, the Chilean and the falkland borders. Most of the experienced troops lied at the Chilean border while the new men and those obligated to join could barely handle a machine gun.

The officer marches through the zone, a large muddy set of buildings, tents, machine gun posts, anti-air and some mobile instruments. The troops marched through them, patroling to advise command of any english movement.

The night reigned and the troops sat down at the wood benches, full of cold their breaths became vapor in no time. They were freazing, freazing to death. The officer passed by, carrying some cans and throwing them to the men. It was simple, share and survive.

"Eat you maggots!" Shouted the officer.

"SIR YES SIR" Responded the troops.

The Argentinian Navy ships could be seen from the shore, the giant vessels with armament moved through the waters, keeping watch of their respective zones. Moving in a team of 3 were the type 62 destroyers.

This was no usual military training. This was everything they had trained for. The navy, the marines and the air force, all combined to a giant operation by the Argentinian dictatorship to concentrate their forces and distract the population from them and into a war.

It was a succesfull operation at first, there is no doubt of that. The different branches of the Argentinian armed forces performed their jobs correctly to protect the maritime area, the aerial area and the ground area from the english. The Argentinian special forces command 601 had been the start of everything, they blasted through the doors of the governors house to capture and seize his assets.

The troops on guard stood there, wearing nothing but their clothes. They didnt have night vision goggles or extremely expensive weaponry, they hadn't earned it. A thought started to go through the men, had they won? Or were the english simply prepairing to kill them all?