viii. i don't want to die, mindy

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," Anika and Sadie said in unison to Sam. She nodded and made her way into the kitchen to join in on the others conversation.

I looked back down at my phone, scrolling through recent posts before stopping on a photo that her sister had uploaded. It was of her and their dad both smiling at the camera happily. Sadie had never been the best big sister, and she knew that, but sometimes she wished she would've been there for her sister more.

     Before she could stare at the picture any longer and overthink things, Anika sat up quickly and reached for the TV remote off the coffee table. "Guys. What the hell?" She mumbled, turning up the TV.

     The group of four in the kitchen stopped talking and wandered into the living room to see what Anika was cursing about. Sadie's eyes went wide when she realized that they were reporting about the death of Quinn's latest victim; Christopher Stone.

     "We're hearing from sources inside the homicide division, that the prime suspect is none other than Samantha Carpenter. One of the survivors of the Woodsboro killings in 2022, seen here attacking a woman on the street a few days ago." The screen cut from the guy reporting to a video of Sam attempting to fight some girl, but ultimately being held back by her friends.

      Sadie had never wanted to laugh so badly. She felt it bubbling in the base of her throat but she knew she couldn't let it out. Too weird.

"In the wake of the Woodsboro tragedy last year, rumors sprouted online that Carpenter was actually responsible for the killings, blaming the crimes on her boyfriend Richie Kirsch, and teenager, Amber Freeman-" Before the reporter could say anymore Sam snatched the remote from Anika's grasp and shut the TV off.

     Sadie rolled her eyes at the mention of the rumors Quinn had started. She thought they were dumb and had no impact into their plan, but Quinn was persistent on it.

     Sam stormed out of the room and into the dining room, Tara following behind her. Sadie, Anika, Chad, and Mindy all looked at each other in awkwardness, not knowing what to say after the tense moment. Chad and Mindy soon entered the dining room as well, leaving Anika and Sadie to go back to doing what they were before.

IMESSAGE.
ethan👅 + sadie🍆

SADIE🍆
ok almost time.
did you handle the guy?

ETHAN👅
Yes just placed him in the
bathtub.

SADIE🍆
ok great

     Sadie's head shot up at loud laughter in the dining room, they wouldn't be laughing in a few minutes. Anika looked up from her book and over at Sadie with a concerned face.

     "Do you hear that?" She asked, and the chatter in the dining room went quiet as well. Sadie gulped at the tension as everyone listened in on Quinn moaning. She wanted to smile as she envisioned Quinn having to fake these noises and throw herself around. Ethan was probably laughing at her too. Everyone's phone chimed and Sadie looked around in confusion. What?

     "Help! Stop!" They could hear shout from within her room. The four all ran from out of the dining room as Sadie and Anika stood up from the couch. Chad dragged Tara back as the girl went for Quinn's door handle.