one

My heart rate picked up and heartbreak covered my face like a full face of makeup. Tears pricked my eyes while one slowly made its way down my cheek. How could he? Was all I could ask myself

There he was, my boyfriend of one year, Austin Madden, kissing her. The one girl I knew I'd have to worry about. She had her hands around his neck and jawline, kissing him passionately. He had his hands wrapped around her waist, leaning her further into the wall.

He stopped for a moment when he saw me, an apologetic look on his face. He took his hands off of her body and stared at me. No words left his mouth. I raise my voice loud enough for him to hear me over the music blasting through the house

"What the fuck Austin?" 

He's silent. But then his mouth moves.

"Emma...I can't explain how sorry I am"

I can't stop the tears from falling. They flood my eyes so much I can only see a blurred figure.

"Go to hell Austin"

He shrugs off his apologetic act and chuckles at my statement. My knuckles tighten as anger grows inside of me. The girl Austin was kissing moments ago turns her head and stares me straight in the eye.

"Can you like, leave, please? We're kinda busy" She says

Austin smirks while grabbing her waist, and pulling her into his big frame. I'm hurt, so hurt to the point where the only way for him to feel bad was to piss him off.

"Hey, Alyssa wasn't it? I hope you have fun fucking him because you'll always be his sloppy seconds".

Her smirk fades and a look of disgust appears. She scoffs at my comment.

"Fuck you both". I say as I turn around and walk in the other direction. I put my hand in the air and give them the finger on my way out.

I hadn't had a lot to drink tonight but the alcohol hit me once I realise we were done. Austin and I were done. I sat on the pavement next to the road, tears rolling down my cheeks. My makeup must've been ruined by the time my Uber arrived.

I left the party and went home.