"Lo-Me?" Meloetta's eyes widened.

"It's called Genesect. It's supposed to be a mythical Pokémon, just like you are." You gulped. "It's an ancient being. It was likely resurrected and modified in a laboratory by a group called Team Plasma, but I don't know much more than that."

Your Pokémon was oddly silent at the revelation. It started aimlessly towards the sky, tuning out the world around it. You then pulled Meloetta into your chest, the Pokémon wrapping its arms around your torso to return the hug.

You remained like that for a bit before the normal type sprung up. It puffed up its chest slightly in an attempt to appear confident.

"L-Lo. M-Me-Lo-Ta." The Pokémon trembled slightly as it forced out its words.

The exact meaning was lost on you, but you got the general gist of things.

And even the general gist was shocking, to say the least.

"Wait...Y-you want...you want to fight them? B-but you saw." Fighting one of the Genesect was a terrifying enough prospect. Each one was like a natural disaster given form.

And there were five of them.

"Lo-T-Ta." It seemed Meloetta was just as scared as you were. In spite of that...the Pokémon still found its resolve.

That meant you needed to find yours. "T-then I'll help you do it. If you're going to help me reach my goal, then it's only fair."

Even if it was a long way off...

Hell, you had no clue where to even find Genesect. But that was a bridge you'd have to cross in the future.

You continued, "We'll become strong, and then beat them together." You shifted your gaze to the egg briefly. "Me, you, and any other Pokémon we meet along the way."

"Me-Lo-Ta!" The Pokémon tackled you in a hug, rubbing its face against your shoulder.

And mere moments later...

You heard light snores drifting through the air. "You really were tired, huh?" Opening the flap of your tent, you gently set the Pokémon inside. Meloetta curled up against your pillow, obviously in a peaceful slumber.

Honestly...despite everything you had lost, moments like this made you truly grateful. Dropping to the ground next to the egg, you chuckled. "Here I am getting all sentimental again. Way to go (y/n).

The egg did not respond.

What a shocker.

Though in an odd way, it gave you a sort of comfort.

The fire crackled, and you watched as fiery sparks were occasionally launched towards the sky. "It's awfully quiet out here." Without an active Pokémon by your side, the world seemed a lot more frightening. Gently lifting the egg into your arms, you too retired for the night.

...

A foghorn sounded in the distance, and you jolted awake.

Meloetta remained motionless as you shakily worked your way to your feet. Your legs still felt like they were going to fall off, but that was obviously something that you were going to have to get used to.

Never skip leg day. It may come back to bite you.

Poking your head out of the tent, your cheeks were once again stung by a salty breeze. The cries of what you assumed were Wingull sounded through the air.  The sky burned a deep crimson red, which shone through the thick curtains of fog with an ominous glow.

Pokémon x Male Reader-The Sounds of Battle जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें