Chapter 3: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Start bij het begin

"We would've been late for school if we hadn't decided to go without you," Takara huffed.

Emi immediately rambled off in a panic. "I am so sorry! I completely forgot."

Miyuki scoffed. "Whatever. Just don't let it happen again."

Y/n rolled her eyes. She hated it when her friends were like this.

"We didn't hear an apology from you, Y/n," Ren addressed. The other girls turned their heads.

"Fine, I'm sorry," Y/n apologized blandly.

Before any of Y/n's friends could say anything back, the homeroom teacher slid open the classroom door and made his entrance clear by shouting, "Alright, everyone, please sit down!"

Everyone else in the classroom did as instructed, then the teacher began with his first lesson of the day, which happened to be L/F/S. Y/n's brain went on a trip to find something that would interest her, so she could avoid listening to her teacher drone on like a robot. As the boring lesson continued, Y/n's thought eventually traced back to the same recurring thought.

Mob.

So many worries ran through the back of Y/n's mind.

Is he ok?

Did Mom find him?

Is he getting bored? Hungry?

Did I make my instructions clear enough?

What if the ones looking for him show up at my doorstep without me there to protect him?

She tapped her desk with her index finger repeatedly, the tapping sound her fingernail made filling the empty space of the classroom. Emi glanced over at Y/n with a small frown, then pulled out a small piece of paper to write a note on it. Once she was finished, she gently tapped Y/n's shoulder. Y/n jolted up in her seat before shifting her attention to her friend.

"Here," Emi whispered quietly. She passed the note to Y/n, who opened it up and read the written words.

Are you ok? You seem fidgety.

Y/n wrote in another area of the paper:

Don't worry about it! I'm fine, I promise. I'm just a little bored.

Making sure that her teacher wasn't looking, Y/n stretched her arm across the aisle and placed the note back on Emi's desk. Emi read the note and shot Y/n a look that said, "Are you sure?"

"I'm fine," Y/n mouthed.

Emi nodded curtly before returning to the lesson. Y/n felt horrible for lying to her best friend, but she wasn't sure she could explain the situation with Mob to her just yet. There had to be a given time for that, and she knew it couldn't be now.

✿ ✿ ✿

Y/n, Emi, and the rest of their friends sat together in the classroom for lunch. Y/n wanted to focus on eating from her bento, but it was hard to do so when Miyuki was chatting up a storm about random and pointless gossip. It made Y/n sick to her stomach.

"Y/n, have you decided what clubs might interest you?" Emi asked casually.

"No, not really." Y/n poked a hole through her juice box. "None of them really sparked my interest. How about you?"

Emi was careful to make sure Miyuki and the others weren't listening before leaning close to Y/n's ear. She then whispered, "I've joined the Creative Writing Club."

Y/n smiled. "Wow, that's incredible! Do you write?"

Emi nodded shyly. "Yeah."

I quickly glanced over at Miyuki. "You don't want them to know, do you?"