▬ 𝗚𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗘𝘅𝗮𝗺

The wanderer left the area to get fresh air and outside the inn, he could spot many couples holding hands which immediately reminded him of how he carried Y/n back to the inn

The wanderer left the area to get fresh air and outside the inn, he could spot many couples holding hands which immediately reminded him of how he carried Y/n back to the inn. He took a deep breath and tried to pull himself together.

"Love? Hah, what nonsense. The only type of love that I can see is lies. I can't let her get through my head, she's just messing with me." He muttered before deciding to take a quiet stroll by the lake outside the city.

As he walked along the lake, he heard faint noises behind a tree. Two Fatui soldiers were discussing something important so he hid and listened in.

"I can't understand why Lord Regrator wished to meet this girl." One soldier said.

"Didn't you hear? Last night she treated every person in Angel's Share to free drinks. I think our lord was intrigued by her wealth. Have you sent the messenger pigeon?" The other asked.

"Yes, I reported her location. The Lord will receive it in a day." The first soldier replied before they left for their own duties.

The wanderer stood silent, arms crossed and in deep thought. Just by what the soldiers disclosed he already knew who they were talking about.

"Did they already find out that she's a descender? Tssk, it's already irritating enough that she keeps on dragging me everywhere, now the fatui?" He muttered.

Meanwhile, back at the inn, Aether had just finished feeding Y/n. Her Mimo watch suddenly alarmed her which reminded her of the gliding license exam.

"Oh shit, I'll be late. Thanks for the soup aether. I gotta go freshen up." Y/n said as she headed straight to the bathroom for a quick wash.

In 20 minutes she was finished cleaning herself up and just when she was about to head out, she suddenly bumped into someone, making her stumble.

"Oops sorry." Y/n said as the person she bumped into grabbed her by the arm and prevented her from falling down.

"Where are you going and where's the traveler?" Wanderer spoke as he was the one she had bumped into. Y/n silently thanked him for catching her before falling and apologized before telling him that she was on her way to the cathedral to meet Amber for the exam.

"I don't know where Aether and Paimon went, maybe they are already with Amber. Anyway, where have you been? I thought you ditched us for a moment." She said.

The wanderer told her that he was simply taking a walk around before he grabbed her and pulled her into the inn.

"The fatui has their eyes on you. Be careful in what you show and never mention that you own a gnosis. There may be times when I can't look after you so stay vigilant." He whispered and warned Y/n.

"Does that mean a harbinger got their eyes on me? Do you know who?" Y/n asked with a nervous heart.

"It's the ninth harbinger, Pantalone, a harbinger that's physically the weakest among harbingers but one of the most cunning businessmen. I concluded that you took his attention because of your oddly useful product that is the talk in the market nowadays. You should've kept your name hidden. How careless." He said as Y/n smiled sheepishly.