Izuku nodded, agreeing with me as he stood up from the bench, slapping his knees on the way up. "Good, self realization is a useful skill."

I sent a small glare at the other boy.

"Meet me here at the same time tomorrow," Izu continued, leaning down to swipe up the empty coffee cup, "wear some running clothes."

... running clothes?

I didn't question the other teen out loud, knowing just how stubborn the green haired boy can be when he wants to be. But one thought did stick in my mind:

I hate running.

The other boy walked away while I was regretting my life decisions, making his way to the trash can nearby. He weaved through the crowd as he walked there, never touching anyone else, almost unnoticeable unless you were looking for him. Watching the boy when he was like this, it was like watching someone else all together.

Izu has always been a little strange, but in moments like these I can't help but wonder if there's more to the shorter teen than he lets on. But then he gives me the strangest looks when I do something nice for him and those thoughts fall away.

Izuku came back, joining me for a walk around the park as we talked about our day and what's been happening since we last spoke to each other the day before.

It was nice, something I never thought I would get before meeting Izuku. Something I didn't think I was allowed to have because of the way that I was born.

A chance to be happy.

—-

Izuku POV

Running from rooftop to rooftop, rolling out of the motion when necessary, it felt as easy as breathing now that I've been practicing it for a few months. Though I still couldn't help but think that the help was wasted on someone like me who had no future of using it legally, but I'm human. Humans are selfish, we take things that aren't rightfully ours and keep on taking as much as we can until someone or something comes and finally cuts us off.

Until we fall from the sky down to the sea below.

The warm summer breeze kept me company through the long night as I broke up small drunken fights and stopped idiots from trying to pickpocket the other people wandering the streets at such an absurd hour.

That was when I saw him.

There was a boy walking down the street, red bat-like wings sticking out of the teen's back that weren't really strong enough to lift the plump teen off of the ground anymore like they used to when we were children and no one cared if the other children trained their quirks illegally.

Tsubasa.

One of the children that I played with before quirks became an issue. He was close with Bakugo until middle school when the boy went to a different school than the one that most of the other kids in the area ended up at. He was also the grandson of Dr. Tsubasa, the patrician that diagnosed me as quirkless when I was four. He was the reason that the whole school knew about my condition before the week was out.

What is he doing?

The teen had stopped, leaning against an alley wall smoking a cigarette. That wasn't all that unusual, some of the boys that hung around Bakugo tended to smoke after school, what was unusual was what he was doing while smoking.

Tsubasa's head moved from side to side like someone that felt like they were being watched, not just now but for a long time now. He looked like a wanted man on the run that should've known better than to be out alone.