Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow

Start from the beginning

"Alright, if I judge your answers, the ideal type of girl corresponding to your score— Uwa...That's one hell of a type."

"So, what is it, Asuka?" Fuutarou asked with a bored face. He's just trying to kill some time because we're stuck inside the bus.

"Tomboys." I said.

"T-tomboys?!" Fuutarou almost fell from his seat. "That's absurd."

"Shonen Jump says so, I'm just telling your score. Ehe... So, you prefer a boyfriend with tits."

Since Fuutarou and I sit side by side on the bus, it's easier to talk to each other. The quints are scattered all over the bus. Ichika is in the front row talking to our teacher. Nino questions her life by the window in a way I don't understand why. Itsuki and Miku are chatting together somewhere in the middle.

But now Yotsuba is staring at us, one row ahead of us...

"Is that so Uesugi-san..." 

"Don't tell me you believe in that stupid piece of paper, Yotsuba

"Don't tell me you believe in that stupid piece of paper, Yotsuba."

"Tomboys huh, tomboys. I see. I never thought you're that kind of person, Uesugi-san."

"Are you even listening..." Fuutarou facepalmed.

"Ahaha... I don't think you need to worry so much, Yotsuba." I giggle. "I've never seen a tomboy around us before."

"You two have a pretty wide circle of friends, aren't you, Asuka-kun? Even in this class there are quite a few different people."

"Now that I think about it, you're right, Yotsuba. There really are a lot of different types of people in our class..." I turned to Fuutarou with a smug smile, holding the Shonen Jump magazine near to his eyes. "Like~ in~ anime~"

"Stop with--- Also, that's not true."

When Yotsuba said it, it began to bother me out of nowhere. Our classroom is full of truly unique people, I mean in terms of personality as well as physical. Just like a Shounen anime.

"There's Mei-chan, she's a gothic type and also mysterious. Her dark and mysterious aura is quite popular at school." I closed my eyes and began to talk. "Then there's Hibiki-chan, She's also quite popular at school, although she proposes to me almost every day, a-ahaha..."

"Right right, Asuka-kun!? Isn't that wonderful that we have all kinds of friends? I somehow even managed to befriend Hanako-chan, mwehehe!"

"Ah, thanks Yotsuba! Also Hanako-chan counts too. She's that strict and honorful student type. "

As Yotsuba and I were gossiping about our classmates, Fuutarou realized that he was totally wrong and fell silent. Aren't these calm moments really wonderful?