Chapter 81: Senior year

Start from the beginning

"My goodness, Michelle, you look so beautiful. You look just like your mother. It is like I just stepped back in time to 1986."

"Thanks, Daddy."

"Hello, Mr. Knight."

"Hello, Lukas, you look nice."

"Thank you, sir."

They took the photos, and Jordan leaned over, "She looks just as beautiful as you did on our prom night. I also remember how amazing that prom night was. It was our first time together."

"Yes, she does look beautiful; I remember Jordan. It was an amazing night."

After all the photos were taken, the photographer took pictures of Jordan with Michelle, Jordan and Joe, Steph, Steph and Joe, Steph and Jordan, and Joe and Michelle. We took photos with his parents. Some single shots and several couple shots. My favorite was of them sitting under a tree and her sitting on his lap. The way they looked at each other made my heart melt. 

"Better start being nicer to him, Jordan one day, he is going to be our son-in-law. Maybe their love will last, and she can have her happily ever after with her first and only partner."

"Why would you say that? They are too young for marriage, Steph. I tried, but I never gave up on us. You were the one that asked for the divorce, not me."

"Because, Jordan, he looks at her the same way you looked at me. You asked me to marry you on our graduation day, they are the same age as we were. I did after you kept letting me down and breaking so many promises. They have been together for almost four years, Jordan. I think they will wait until they finish college, but maybe not. I am just telling you to be prepared; that day is coming."

Five weeks later:

Steph is not ready for today, her baby girl is eighteen and graduating. She has been a mess all week. Everyone is here for her graduation they had to reserve a special area because of them being celebrities. 

Danny and Donnie both flew in for the graduation. Dave arrived three days ago with his girlfriend, Marcia. All of the Knights and McIntyres are here, along with some of the Wahlbergs and Woods. Mark even flew in with his family. They will have about seventy or eighty people here for her.

We all got ready and went to the venue where the graduation was being held. There was security standing outside waiting on us to arrive. We spoke to the school officials at the beginning of the year to ensure they would be able to accommodate our group. 

They sat us front row on the right side of the stage. Graduates were front row center, and faculty was front row left. We rented a hotel ballroom for the night for their party. We were holding a graduation party for all graduates. 

We told the parents of each student they are welcome to bring their own cakes for their graduate, but we are covering the cost of food and drinks. Jordan and Joe had a catering company cater the party. 

We hired a DJ, a decorator, and the guys are even going to perform for Michelle. This is a special day for Michelle and for, Jordan and me; our child graduated in the top five percent. After the graduation we were going to lunch at Jordan's restaurant and the party would start at six tonight.

We took our seats and watched as people arrived; we greeted everyone in our group. Joe held my hand as he knew I was struggling. Evie sat on the end, Jordan, me, Joe, Cliff, Thomas, Marlene, Allan, and the kids. Donnie sat behind us with Jenny and Alma, and the rest of the aunts and uncles lined across the rows. We had to ensure the guys were seated with easy access out because the principal asked if they would perform one song. 

They had decided to sing, We were here and Thankful. Jordan was trying to hold himself together. He knew Steph was as well. He reached over and held her hand, and she smiled at him. Today they were the parents of a graduate, this was a day they both dreaded.