Chapter II : Recruit

Y/N POV

I don't know how long its been ever since Master Kagaya or Father turned me into a demon.

Despite being the first demon he turned beside Mother I told him I'd rather choose the lowest rank not because I deserve it but if I'm going to follow father's orders I need the demon slayer corps to think who the uppermoon 12 is while I gain their trust.

And over the years I constantly watched the downfall and uprising of the empire as today marked another era which is the Senguko Era.

Today father asked me to have a talk with him and mother since he needed a group of demons serving straight under him with his pure blood running inside them as I sat on the living room with mother patiently waiting for father to arrive.

"Seems like you've been enjoying your time lately,Y/N.

How is it?Are you eating enough?Gaining powers?"

Mother asked as I nodded with a stoic expression as she was sitting in front of me and I sometimes wanted to show her and father appreciation but because I've gone numb I barely feel any feelings and emotions.

Then father came as he sat beside mother and smiled.

"Good evening,Y/N.

Today sure is a lovely evening,I hope I wasn't bothering too much of your time."

Father asked with his gentle soothing voice always so calm that it always puts me into ease as I bowed my head touching the mat while I sat back straight.

"Don't worry,father.

I wasn't doing anything lately,aside from practicing my blood demon art.

So please go on."

I answered honestly and politely as he smiled at my remarks.

"Since you're the uppermoon zero I've been wondering if you could help me and your mother recruit new demons,ones that are stronger and has the potential to withstand the sun to find the blue spider lily.

That flower only blooms during the day and would only bloom three times in just a year,not to mention its difficulty to find it as it grows in different areas every year."

Father stated as I nodded at his explanation understanding the point of his statement on where he's going.

"So if there'd be any uppermoon demons would there also be lowermoon demons?Or are they all uppermoons depending on their strength and capability?"

I asked as he nodded with an understanding smile seemingly proud.

"That's why I need you to help me and your mother to search for a capable person to see if they deserve the rank or not.

Amane and I will travel together while you pick on your own choice."

Father added as I nodded and the three of us went outside while I glanced at the night sky with the moon shining so brightly.

"We'll meet back here in the estate right after we're done."

Father ordered as I nodded then with a snap of his finger I was teleported.

3rd POV

As Y/N wondered around the quiet village a demon slayer stood on the roof watching her every movement and the girl eventually felt a lingering presence making her stop in her tracks.

"I know you're there,come out."

YN commanded moving her head to the side glancing behind her as a long burgundy coloured haired man jump down from the roof and stood up silently watching the girl while Y/N turned to face the man.