"If things go well, then I might work there after college." He scoots closer to you and rests his head on your shoulder. "What about you?"

"In high school, Kaveh and I always said that we can work together in the future, since our majors are very closely related, but honestly I could work anywhere after I get my computer science degree." You shrug. "I haven't really figured anything out yet."

"That's okay," Alhaitham says. "There's no pressure to figure it out now."

"That's true." You rest your hand on Alhaitham's thigh. A pair of viridian eyes focus on the charm bracelet on your wrist. Every time your wrist moved, the charms would jingle or glimmer in the light. "All I know is when I move out, I for sure want to have a pet," you say.

"Oh, what kind?"

"I'd be happy with anything, but maybe a dog."

"I'd love to have a dog with you."

"Really?!" The obvious excitement in your voice brought a childlike grin to Alhaitham's face.

"Of course," he says with a chuckle.

"Haitham, let's say in the future we move in together. Would you like to have a big house or a small house?"

"I don't really care about how big the house is, or where we live, for that matter," he replies. Alhaitham gives your hand a gentle squeeze. "If we're moving in together, that's more than enough for me." Tiredly, you nuzzle his silky silver hair. The faint scent of coconut fills your nostrils.

"I need to steal your shampoo," you blurt out. With a chuckle, Alhaitham places his hand above yours, fingers intertwining. He brings your hand up to his mouth and presses a kiss against your knuckles. A gentle laugh left your lips as he did so.

Before you could say anything, a knock echoed against the door. With a groan, Alhaitham removed his head from your shoulder. "Come in," he calls.

Your brother opens the door with a sheepish smile. "The countdown is starting soon," he informs. "There'll be fireworks in ten minutes."

"Thanks, Kav. We'll be right out," you say.

Once your brother leaves, you and Alhaitham stand from the piano bench. You were about to reach for the doorknob when you felt a hand on your waist. "Yes?" you ask as you turned to face him.

Wordlessly, he took a step closer to you. While one hand rested at your waist, the other found its way under your chin, gently lifting it up. All you saw was a sea of green. "Haitham, what are yo-"

The warmth of his lips on yours stole the words from your mouth. A tingling sensation bubbled in your stomach. Before it this could escalate, you reluctantly pulled away. "Hey, it's not midnight yet," you scold.

"I'm sure I don't need a set time to kiss you. I can do that whenever I want and as long as you don't stop me," he responds nonchalantly.

"Well, if that's the case." You shrug. Your hands grab the man's shirt, pulling him closer. As you did this, both of his hands traveled down to your hips. A playful smirk painted his expression. Alhaitham leaned in to kiss you once again, but before he could the door to the room opened.

"Oh my my my," your mom teases. Instantly, you and Alhaitham separated from each other. Bright red painted your cheeks, as well as Alhaitham's.

"Hey, mom," you quickly said.

"I came to drag you guys outside to watch the countdown, but I guess I'm interrupting something." She turned around and walked out of the room. "Just join us when you're done. We don't want you to miss the fireworks"