TWENTY-SEVEN: screwed up; confession

Începe de la început

"Then why are you avoiding me?" He asked.

Because hurts knowing there were so many other people and she was only one of them.

"I'm not."

It hurts even more knowing such feelings were beyond her control.

"Kim Meiyon." He said her full name loud and clear for the first time. So clear, that it was enough to remember her position.

"Please let me go." She took deep breath, still looking away.

It pained her so much with the idea that she stood no chance. There were too many flaws in her.

"Please look at me." Sunghoon's voice could almost be described as a feather touch; gentle.

"I can't." She admitted.

It was uncontrollable.

The running thoughts that ran wild her head.

She knew she wasn't as pretty as the popular girls. She wasn't as smart as the academically challenegd girls. She wasn't as well-dressed as the fashionista girls. Not as pure looking as the cute girls nor sexy as the hot girls.

She was not much compared to them; Flawed.

"What's the matter?" He sounded like a father consulting his child.

It wasn't the kind of special treatment she wanted.

Maybe she could just accept it.

Finally locking eyes with his, she forced a smile. "I'm okay. Don't worry about me."

And for a moment, Sunghoon had believed her. Had they been strangers, he would've been completely fooled.

But they weren't.

They were close.

They were friends.

"Stop it." Sunghoon finally let go of his grip. "Don't force yourseld to smile."

"I'm not?" Meiyon continued to convince.

"If you were, your dimples would've appeared."

"Missing tissues." And with that her smile instantly fell. "Another flaw."

"What?" He hoped he had heard wrong. "What are you talking about? What flaw? How are your dimples flaws?"

Being shot withh so many questions at once was not the most ideal situation to be in. Esepcially not when you were already on edge. It was like a volcano being ready to burst.

Maybe not ready, because it had already erupted.

"Okay, I get it. I don't have the perfect face and perfect body and the perfect brain and the perfect personality and the perfect humour and the perfect height and the perfect hair and the perfect anything." She began listing. "I know I'm not perfect and i hate that im not because im nothing if im not seen to be flawless"