𝟭𝟬. apologies on apologies

Start from the beginning

"If I could make things go back to how they were, trust me, I would."

"Back to when somebody I thought was my friend was plotting on my boyfriend and I was too stupid to realize?" Brooke continued, "Did you sleep with him?"

"No!" Jackie denied offendedly, "I would have never let it get that far. Brooke, I don't know what I can do or say to let you know how sorry I am. He was going to tell you, then the accident happened and then you started talking about how much you liked him and—"

"You thought you'd spare me the heartache?" Brooke finished off her ramble, "Are you in love with him?" Jackie's silence told her everything she needed to know, "You know what, I don't even care. He's all yours, have a great life together." The raven-haired girl shook her head in disbelief before turning to walk off.

Later that day, Jackie didn't want to talk to anyone else. She was relieved that James and Marie were out on a date so she fully had the house to herself. She was in the middle of baking her feelings into a fresh berry tart, her cell began to ring as soon she finished off the dessert with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Jackie dusted off her hands before reaching for her phone that read: LUCAS CELL

"Yes?"

"Jackie, hi, it's Karen," A soft voice came through the phone.

"Oh, Hi, Ms. Roe," Jackie's face contorted into confusion, "is everything okay?"

"I'm trying to track Lucas and obviously he isn't answering his cell phone I tried the number he had for Brooke but she's not answering either. Do you think maybe they're together?"

"I'm not sure but I can talk to her and find out for you," Jackie suggested.

"Okay, Thank you so much."

With the help of Peyton, Jackie found out where Brooke resides and knocked on the door. Peyton was going to offer to help but she remembered she wasn't exactly on good terms with Brooke either since she did not tell Brooke what she knew about Jackie and Lucas, "What the hell are you doing here? How did you even know where I live?"

"Peyton."

"Not a surprise the two backstabbing bitches helping each other out," Brooke leaned on the door frame, "What part of 'I don't want to talk to you' didn't you understand?"

"Karen called," Jackie informed her, "She can't find Lucas."

"How is that my problem?"

"You know what," Jackie turned around annoyed, walking back to her car, "If you have any clue where he might be, at least call his mom, she's worried."

"Wait," Brooke sighed with an eye roll, "I think I might know where he is."

Jackie signaled over to her parked car, inviting Brooke in. Brooke reluctantly locked her house up before following Jackie into the car. The two sat in uncomfortable silence, now and then Brooke would speak up to give her directions but that was about it. The two arrived at a packed local bar. Brooke told her that Lucas was most likely there because this was where they had their first date and the bartender takes fake IDs.

Jackie squeezed her way through the crowd, eventually making it to the bar, the smell of the variety of alcohol invading her nose, "What are you having ladies?"