She sighed deeply getting up from her bed. She pulled her curtains slowly, careful not to make any noise. She walked to the door and went down the stairs. She walked out of the common room to a place she was all too familiar with. Walking up the stairs she saw the boy who she had a feeling would be there.

"Hey," she whispered as he turned around.

"Hey," he took a hit of his cigarette before crushing the end and throwing it away.

"What ya doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping? You have a big day tomorrow," James rasped out.

"I know! But I can't, unfortunately," Eva huffed before joining James next to him. "It's whatever, I can always sleep on the train," she smiled.

They stood in silence after that, both not daring to start the conversation. Eva looked at the stars. "Isn't it crazy how something so far away can shine so bright?" He gave her a side smile before he followed her vision to the sky. The silence was bestowed upon the two teens once more.

James sighed. "Eva. Something has been bothering me all week and I need to tell you," James broke the silence.

"Sure go ahead," She tore her vision away from the stars to James' face where she noticed his flushed cheeks and his messed-up hair.

"I- Do you remember the night when you produced your Patronus?"

Eva gulped at the question. Of course, she remembered it, she had gone crazy over that night. "Yeah. Why?" She bit the inside of her cheek.

"Listen we never talked about the kiss. and I know you probably want to leave it in the past but god! Eva, I don't know how to move one?"

"James it was one kiss okay? It wasn't even supposed to happen," Eva tried to reassure. "Look it's probably just your brain trying to get back at Lily. Okay, so it's fine,"

"No. No. No. It's not fine. And it's not about Lily either," James sighed frustratedly. "I like you a lot Eva. Like so fucking much,"

"James look I know how long you've been in love with Lily okay those feelings don't just go away,"

"Eva-" James got cut off.

"James... I don't want to be a second option," Eva whispered, her voice shaking.

"Darling I absolutely adore you,"

"James you-"

"God Eva. You know ever since our first kiss I can't stop thinking about it. I can't sleep because I'm thinking about you and when I do fall asleep I dream of you. I just- the feeling of your lips on mine and the longing of wanting to kiss you at every second of every day is fucking torture knowing that I couldn't." He paused for a second before taking another breath. "My mouth has not shut up about you since the kiss. I don't know? I just- I've never felt this way before. You have absolutely completely taken over my life and you don't even have the slightest clue."

Eva stayed silent. She couldn't think of any words to muster out so instead James spoke again. "So don't fucking tell me about being a second option because she doesn't even compare to what I've felt for you,"

James took a step closer to her, so close she could feel his body heat radiating off of him. She looked up at him through her eyelashes, her heart racing so fast she thought it would burst out of her chest.