Viaan caught on quick.

"Oh sorry, sorry. I'll be on my merry way."

He felt so embarrassed on her behalf. His low-end flirting must have weirded her out.

As he exited the office, Viaan couldn't help thinking that he'd get major-league scolding from Ehsan and Batman.

As the afternoon wore on, another guest visited Katha. Unexpected at that.

Teji Raghuvanshi.

Katha stood up to welcome her in. She was her boss' mother. That was the lie she told herself to hide her panic upon remembering their last encounter.

She wondered if she could say the same things all over.

"Hi, Katha. How are you?" Teji was a pleasant breeze. It was like the conversation in the kitchen that day had been a dream.

Katha nervously tried to match her.

"Hello, Aunt Teji. I am fine. Please have a seat," Katha said, smiling politely.

"Hello, Katha. Thank you for your time. I won't take long. I just wanted to talk to you about something," Teji said, sitting on the chair opposite Katha's desk.

"Sure. What is it?" Katha asked, feeling curious.

Teji took out her phone and showed Katha a picture of a girl. She was a stunning beauty with long black hair and green eyes. She was wearing a black suit and a pearl necklace.

As she did, her eyes focused on Katha's face for any shift.

"This is Naina. She is a famous lawyer who is the daughter of a friend of mine. She is smart, talented, and successful. She is also single and looking for a partner."

Katha felt a pang of unease.

"What does she have to do with me?"

Teji sighed.

"Katha, I know you are not interested in Viaan. You have made that clear to me and to him. But he is still in love with you. You know how men can be. He is still hoping that you will change your mind. He is still hovering around you, trying to win you over."

She paused a bit before going on.

"You...don't have feelings for him, right?"

"No. Of course not." She stifled the tremor in her voice.

"That's good."

The words and the dazzling smile on Teji's face after imprinted itself on Katha's heart. She tried to ignore the lump in her throat.

"W-what do you want me to do?"

Teji looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I want you to convince him to go on a blind date with Naina. I know he will listen to you. He trusts you and values your opinion."

Katha felt an inner panic.

"Why me? Why can't you do it?"

Teji shook her head, the look on her face telling. "You know how that will turn out. He won't listen to me. He will think I'm interfering in his life. He will think I'm trying to push him away from you."

She grabbed Katha's hands, surprising the other woman.

"Katha, this is a chance for Viaan and you to be happy. You know his feelings can have no reward and they burden you. So, convincing him to meet up with Naina is a way out for the both of you. You understand the pain of a mother, right?"

"Y-yes."

But even though Katha said yes, every cell in her body was in discomfort, in a frenzy limbo of panic and refusal.