Was he doing this on purpose? Did he not know?

Katha glanced at him from the corner of her eyes but Viaan didn't give her the chance to see his face.

He looked down hard at the folder in his hand, trying to stop his smile to no avail. What was this giddiness, excitement that he felt this hallowed morning?

"Ahem." He tried to smooth things over.

"Hi, Katha. How are you?"

"I'm fine." She didn't ask about his hand. He didn't push it.

Viaan handed her the folder.

"It's the new list of hires. We have to go through them and decide who to interview."

"Okay. Let's do that."

She put the folder on her desk and gestured for him to sit on the chair opposite her -which he did.

"So, what are you looking for in the new hires?"

"Someone who is patient and hardworking."

"That's important. Anything else?"

"Someone who is creative and innovative. Someone who can think outside the box and come up with new solutions."

"Like Earthcon ki Rooh?" he mumbled this.

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

Katha's eyes paused on him for a second before going back to the folder.

"We also need someone who is passionate and enthusiastic. Someone who loves their job and gives their best."

Viaan clicked his tongue in approval.

"That's it. I like it. You know,Katha?"

You know, Katha?

He was talking in that off-hand, lazy voice he never knew he used, when he found something amusing.

It caused a tremor to go through her, the things that he did, how her name seemed to be song on his lips.

They settled there and sounded beautiful,waxed lyrical.

It hurt how much she thought they did. It was breaking her heart that a part of her liked to hear it.

Viaan, oblivious to her inner turmoil, went on.

"The best hire we ever had was the last one. I wish everyone who joins us turns out that way."

Katha looked at him and felt her heart skip a beat. She realized he was talking about her. She realized he was complimenting her.

She looked away and felt her heart tremble. She realized he was making her feel something. She realized he was affecting her.

Viaan, who saw this, thought she was offended. Shit, he scolded himself. He had lost himself again.

"Katha, I am so sorry." His voice was now serious and earnest.

She hated all sounds of Viaan Raghuvanshi.

There was no one that didn't sound beautiful.

Katha cleared her throat, willing to return to normalcy.

"Let's focus on the task at hand. We have to review these resumes and shortlist the candidates. We have to conduct the interviews and select the best ones.

We have to train them and assign them to their projects. We have to do this."

The silence at the end meant that was his cue to leave.