Knowing Amina on a deeper level had him handling her with a glass glove, she was delicate to him. If Rashad went to prison, he'd probably be in the same boat as Rahim, being there for a very long time—and that wasn't in the plans he had for himself.

"Aight." Rashad spoke as he slowly nodded his head, a silver picture frame caught his attention as he was on his way out the door. He grabbed the photo and briefly eyed it for a couple of seconds before turning around to Lozada. "This the wife?" Rashad questioned.

Lo proudly nodded his head yes, "12 years." He boasted, clearly proud of the accomplishment. "Children's hospital, huh?" Rashad questioned once he noticed the navy blue scrubs that she had on had the company's logo and name stitched on the pocket part of the scrub top. Lozada hesitantly nodded his head yes. Rashad nodded his head before sitting the photo back in its spot. He walked out the office knowing he wasn't gonna lay a finger on the lady—he might've been cutthroat, but he wasn't that cutthroat. Women and children was a different type of fucked up he'd never reach, Lozada didn't know that though.

February 1st 2023
Dallas, Texas
12:45 pm

Amina pressed Rashad's contact name before putting the call on speaker, she gently kicked off her Marni slippers before taking a seat at her waiting area. She was down 4 wig installs and had a sew in scheduled to come in about an hour. Soon, Rashad's voice came through the speaker, causing her to smile.

"You good mama?" Rashad questioned, making her smile even more. Before Rashad, she couldn't recall having someone ask her daily if she was okay. Every time he asked, his voice was filled with concern, making Amina feel like he genuinely cared. "I'm good baby." She replied as she crossed her right leg over her left and began to mindlessly swing her foot. "What you doing?" Rashad questioned.

"Waiting for my client—I had a coffee earlier, now my stomach hurting like hell." Amina replied. She was an religious iced coffee drinker, so she knew the consequences that came with it...she just didn't care. "Don't be around them people pootin and shit...shitty booty self." Rashad replied with a slight laugh, causing Amina to erupt into laughter.

"Shut the fuck up." She managed to get out as her laughing slowly ceased, "Did you look at the voiceover I sent you yet?" Rashad questioned.

"No, not yet—I'm boutta look now." Amina spoke as she went to her messages with Rashad. Although he sent the video about a week ago, it didn't take long for her to find it since they didn't text a lot. They were always around each other and if they weren't, they were on the phone. "Put yourself on mute right quick." Amina instructed. Without replying, Rashad did as told.

"Aight so boom, this lovely lady today is getting her wig put on. My lady boutta get her right, none of that screen door showing and shit. You like to duff bitches in the club—come see Mimi, that shit ain't going no where, facts." Rashad started, Amina lightly chuckled as he turned up the volume. "So boom, we start with the fitted—glue it down, told you it ain't going no where. Bae just turned it into a shiesty. Next, we putting a lil makeup on the shiesty. Now, mama sliding the wig on—client head a lil big but that's the best part bout coming to mama for your hair, she can work with all that."

"We cutting the screen door in three parts, boom boom boom. Now we laying that shit down with the glue—easy work. Melted—is you shittin me or kidding me, stop playin, you can't even tell it's a screen door. Aye, I'm outta time but is you looking or booking dirt neck." Rashad spoke before the video ended.

"I love it—thank you again baby." Amina chuckled. By now, she had an idea of how the algorithm worked, and she knew exactly how they internet would react to the voiceover. "That shit was moving mad fast, I'm glad you like it though mama." Rashad replied.