"Why didn't you come here last summer again?" he asked and this time it was my body tensing, I looked over at the boy and he was already staring at me. "Food poisoning." I deadpanned.

"Ah, that's right." he said, but when he said it there was a certain tone he replied with. But I didn't recognize it. It kind of sounded like he was telling me he knew that I was lying, but with his voice.

I know that didn't make any sense, maybe it was just me overthinking it and that was just his genuine response.

"Yep" I replied popping the P, "Hey Conrad?" I said and he looked over at me.

"Do you ever wonder... wonder why people do the things they do?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

He had no clue what I was trying to say, and honestly neither did I.

I think I was more asking why my father did the things he did hoping that I would get an answer. It was stupid of me because why would Conrad know the answer.

Belly talking about her dad today just made me start to think about mine. I guess I was just letting the weed talk right now.

"I mean... yeah all the time. But there isn't ever a specific reason why they do those things, it just happens and you can chose to live with those decisions or you'll regret them everyday." Conrad said.

I looked over at him and smiled, "When did you become so wise?" I joked. "I've always been wise Rosie." he said.

"Yeah okay." I said mad he laughed, we both sat there staring at the stars.

Next thing you know Belly was walking out of the house with her bathing suit on and a towel in her hands.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you guys were out here." Belly said turning to go back inside. "It's fine Bells, you can come for you night swim." I said and she looked at me confused.

"How did you know I go for late night swims?" she asks me, "You aren't the only one who used to do that. I used to wait for you to be finished and I would sneak into the pool." I said and she laughed.

"How come you never came with me?" she asked, "There's a reason we both go at the nighttime." I replied and she shrugged.

Belly dropped her towel on the ground and walked into the pool, she began to swim while me and Conrad stared at the stars again.

The boy took a hit of his almost finished joint and passed it to me. I accepted it gratefully and began to take hits.

Belly looked at us with her mouth open, "You guys smoke?" she asked and we both looked at her.

Before I could response Conrad did, "Yep" he replied. "Didn't you guys used to say something about how weed can damage the human brain since it's still developing?" she asked and I laughed.

"Yeah I said a lot of stupid things." I said, "Do you remember everything we said?" Conrad asked. "No, only Rosie. I think she's cooler than you." Belly said with a smirk and I laughed.

"Suck it." I said sticking my tongue out at Conrad and he rolled his eyes, I passed the joint back to Conrad and he finished it.

When he was done he made sure that the fire was out and threw it near the fence.

Jere and Steven started walking towards the backyard and we knew because of how loud they were."You two ready to go?" Jere asked us and I nodded, I got up from the ground and made sure there was no sand on me.

"You look um... nice by the way." Conrad said and I smiled, "You don't look to bad yourself." I replied.

"Belly you sure you don't wanna come? It'll be fun." I said and she shook her head no. "I'm good thanks though." Belly replied with a smile, I just wanted to make sure she felt included and I wouldn't mind having another girl there with me.

"Belly? She's to little to go to this." Steven sis and I looked over at him, "Me and Conrad were her age when he first went to this party. Actually we may have been a year younger. Right?" I stated looking over at Conrad for him to back me up.

"Yeah... she's got a point Steven." Conrad said and I smiled, "Whatever let's just go." Steven said. I looked over at Belly one more time about to ask but she motioned for me to go with them.

The boys were a little more in front of me, on the way to the car. I ran after them and Jeremiah spun me around, I began to laugh and he put me down.

We all got into the car, Steven driving, Me in the front seat and the Fisher boys in the back. Once we got there I saw many people already there and I smiled. "Let's get this party started!" I exclaimed and the boys just laughed.
——————————————————————

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! Can I just remind you guys that Rosie is not a pick me! The only reason I write "the boys" is because I find it easier than writing all their names. It would just be complicated for no reason. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

 Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

That's the dress I imagine Rosie wearing!

1492 words