✧˖°. 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"So I began requesting transfers, until I finally got assigned to my predecessor's position six months ago. The death of this investigator is under wraps, because they didn't want to cause panic, though that's really only part of the reason." Naoto put his coffee down on the table, and walked towards the board that was covered in pictures and evidence against the Tokyo Manji gang.

"Tokyo Manji, or Toman for short, was already under Tetta Kisaki's control before any of this happened." Naoto was trying to fill with as much information as he could into Takemichi's brain about Toman. But he was confused about one thing.

"Do we really need all this stuff to save Hinata?" Takemichi questioned.

"If we have one problem with your power, its that you're limited in what dates you can go back to." Takemichi groaned in disappointment, "That's really just your observation. You're obviously alive right now. So what happened back then must be real. But I don't even know for sure if I can go back─"

"If we can go back to the day she died. If we could just keep her from going to that festival, then it might be possible to save her life." Naoto interrupted Takemichi, but as much as Takemichi felt frustrated, he couldn't blame Naoto at all.

"But since we can't go back to the exact date we want, we'll do everything else we can right now." Naoto turned to face Takemichi, face written in determination.

"You need to go back in time, to middle school, twelve years ago, and meet a certain someone."
"Huh? A certain someone?" Takemichi asked, voice laced in confusion. Naoto put his hand on the board between three photos that were put next to each other.

"Toman has two leaders, Manjiro Sano and Tetta Kisaki." Takemichi stared at the photos in shock.
"No way." Takemichi said nervously, but then he noticed the third photo.

It was a person with (skin color), (hair length and hair color), and cold (eye color) that stared straight into his soul. They looked more terrifying than the men in the other photos.

"Who is that in the third photo?"

"This is (full name), they are Kisaki and Sano's most trusted right hand person, and the gang's most deadliest member. They handle most of the dirty work the gang assigns them to do, I wouldn't be surprised if it was them who killed my sister." Naoto tsked at the sight of your photo and looked at Takemichi again.

"Sano and Kisaki. If these two had never met each other, today's Tokyo Manji gang never would have existed. Which means that my sister Hinata wouldn't have had to die either."

"I understand. I need to go back to middle school, and somehow make sure those two never meet, but how do I make time-travel happen? I didn't do it on purpose." Takemichi got up from his seat and he started to think of how he even got back from the past in the first place.

"You told me that right before you came back to the present, you shook hands with me, right?" Takemichi remembered when he shook hands with younger Naoto, "Uh, yeah." Takemichi confirmed.

"So I think that must be the trigger." Takemichi stared at the palm of his hands, "A handshake, huh?"

"That evening, you saved me from those punks. I think because of that, I may have become a part of the way your power works." Naoto explained.

Takemichi thought that Naoto was a bit crazy, but he actually believes that Takemichi can travel through time. That's why he is talking this so seriously.