10. a game of truth & lies

Start from the beginning

It is when Seira sees the memories she shares with Aki that everything begins to make sense for her again, and tears cannot help but pool from the womans infinite silver eyes. She sees the day they carried in their coffee table, and how Aki had slipped and almost been crushed by the object, and she could not help but laugh at the close call. The memory of her reading allowed to him as he made their morning coffee, and the smile he gave to her imprinted itself into her very soul. The moments they share sitting across from each other having a silent dinner in a confined restaurant, the strolls on the beach after a long day of work, the dancing in the kitchen as the record spins in the other room, and the chatty moments as they make their meals for the days to come. These moments she shared with Aki made her thankfully she was alive, that death didn't wish to draw out her last breath. These very moments taught her the feelings she had lost to time: happiness, joy, content, pleasure, love.

She hits the ground and is jolted back into her husk of flesh. Seira rolls over and vomits random contents she had consumed earlier in the day; she tries to pay no mind to the harsh stitching feeling that feels heavy and weird on the gaping hole in her chest, for she does not wish to witness her body build a new heart to keep her alive. She feels disoriented, as any experience would leave someone, but she wills her broken and still badly wounded body to sit up and crawl towards the direction she feels the servant of hells presence. Her eyes continue to spill tears out at the very thought of what had happened, and what could happen. The very thought of the devil hurting Aki, or worse killing him, made Seira scream in agony.

"You have to get up," she heard her own devil's voice boom inside her head.

"I'm trying," she screams out into the unknown, her strength dwindling as she continues to army crawl on the dirt.

"If you don't toughen up the one thing you love on this Earth is going to die, and the only person that will be to blame is YOU!"

Seira knows God is right, and she attempts to stand on her own, failing a few times before finally standing on her own two legs with the help of a tree and a bellowing scream that clawed its way from a place in her soul she had not touched in many years. She moves with a blank mind, for each thought that crosses her disheveled brain is quickly whisked away with the assortment of emotions clouding her judgement. She resorts to feel wrath and emptiness, and the combination of the two fuel a fire in her similar to a blazing sun. With such a fire burning its destructive nature in her soul she snakes her way towards the very filth that took her lover away from her.

────── • 𖤍 • ──────

The sun was setting behind Seira as she made her way out of the woods and up the mountain that stood concrete for many years behind the forest. She had climbed up and down it many times when she lived here, for her home laid upon the evolution of Earth. Usually such a hike would take her merely an hour, but being so badly wounded made the walk much longer. She luckily had picked up a long stick that helped support her fatigue body on the journey, but she would find no relief until Aki and her were safely back in their home in Tokyo.

When she came upon the ruble of the church a feeling in her twisted and turned, for she never thought she'd come back to the run-down church. Being in the presence of her birthplace, her rise into godhood, it left an unease settling on both her stomach and her mind. She made her way into what little was left of the church, for although some of the structured had not been destroyed years ago, some boards were still either missing or severally damaged. She would have liked to rebuild the place before leaving to prophesies the Lord's word, but she could never rebuild it to its rightful glory, and the plagued memories that made the building decay and rot would always soil the foundation.