"Ugh, well done Dewey." Gale thought with a blank look as her husband realized his mistake in saying that in front of his son. "Don't worry, it's just a small one. In fact, it's smaller than yours."

Nathan had a scar on his right knee from a fall, so he knew that to have one you had to experience something very painful.

"Yes. Plus, your mom is rude. It's going to take a lot more than that to take her down." Dewey added, managing to convince his son between the two.

"Hey, she was hurted in the shoulder?" Gale asked remembering what Dewey had said earlier, to which he nodded, leaving her thoughtful for a few seconds. "How did you know me too?"

Both adults exchanged glances for a few seconds until reality hit them both.

"Shit!" Dewey cursed before running out of the room in a hurry.

"Mom? What's wrong?" The youngest asked, not knowing why his father was that upset about something.

Gale turned to look at her son and then at the door where her husband had left undecided of what to do.

She didn't want to leave Nathan alone in a hospital where she knew there was a murderer hanging around, but she also couldn't let Dewey go alone.

"Honey, take this." She said giving him her cell phone. "You can watch videos on it if you want. I'll go help your dad with something, alright?"

The minor only saw how his mother took some things out of her arms and then got up and gently held his head by the sides to make him look into her eyes.

"Stay here, okay? I'll be right back." She said staying calm to not scare her son despite not being scared at all.

Nathan nodded ignorantly about what was happening, to which Gale smiled slightly before leaving a kiss on his forehead and leaving the room.

Listening to what her mother said, he unlocked the phone and started watching YouTube videos on it.

After a few minutes, he heard a loud noise that echoed through the empty corridors of the hospital.

Thanks to his father once taking him to the police station to a shooting practice room, he was able to identify the sound as a gunshot.

Dewey had made sure to explain to his son what weapons were and that they were not a toy, but something very dangerous capable of hurting others. He did this out of fear that Nathan would take his gun and play with it.

He knew that this was impossible thanks to the fact that he always kept his weapon in a small box hidden in the upper part of his closet so that the minor would not be able to find it if he ever looked for it, but he still wanted to make sure.

Thanks to this, Nathan was aware of the danger a gun represented and that if someone fired one, it couldn't mean anything good.

His mother had told him not to leave that room, but he couldn't help but feel worried that something had happened to his parents.

He put the phone down on the bed and jumped down from the chair before walking towards the door, which Gale made sure to close before leaving.

He opened the door and walked down the corridor to his left, which was completely empty, in the direction of where he thought the sound of the gunshot had come from, although due to the echo from the place, it was difficult to tell the location of the source of the sound.

Fortunately for him, a second shot was heard down the corridor that led to the right that was a few meters in front of him, so he began to walk through it.

As he progressed, he could hear voices from one of the rooms at the end of the corridor, although due to how far away he was, he couldn't identify which one was coming from.

Once he was close to the last rooms, he saw that the last door on the left side was open.

He headed towards it, only to hear an electric sound and then a loud beep that diminished as the seconds passed.

He stopped in the doorway and saw his father lying face down on the floor in pain with some blood oozing from his head.

Gale was sitting to his left with Sidney Prescott, a friend of theirs, sitting next to her.

He also saw a woman he didn't know, Jill Roberts, on the ground to his right with some broken glass near her. She seemed to be asleep, or at least that's what he thought with his innocent mind.

He was able to notice his father's partner, Judy Hicks, also asleep on the floor behind a bed in the back of the room.

He ignored both women and hurried over to the three adults who were in the center of the room.

"Dad, are you okay?" He asked kneeling next to Sidney, alerting the three of his presence.

"Nathan, what are you doing here?" Gale asked in a claiming tone.

"I... heard shots and wanted to know if you were okay." He responded now feeling that he had done something wrong. "Is dad okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry." Dewey said, still affected by the blows that Jill had given him with a source.

As they talked, they didn't notice how Jill took a rather large piece of glass and stood up.

She knew that there was nothing left to do and that her plan had completely failed, but the anger she felt made her want to continue causing harm to those infront of her.

Still affected by the discharge that Sidney gave her in the head with the defibrillator, she approached them holding the crystal in her right hand.

Due to the position he was in, Dewey was the only one able to see her when she got close enough, but before he could even warn them, Jill ducked and stabbed Nathan in the lower right side of his back.

Sidney quickly grabbed the gun that Jill took from Dewey when she knocked him out and then dropped when her cousin electrocuted her and used it to shoot her in the head as Jill was still crouching.

She fell inert next to the minor, who fell face down when Jill stabbed him.

Gale and Dewey rushed over to their son, terrified, thinking the worst, the male ignoring the pain he felt in his head.

Sidney got up and walked to the door not caring about the pain she felt from Jill opening up the stab wound she'd given her hours ago.

Once she reached the frame, she began to yell for help, though the hallways were empty and it didn't seem like anyone was going to be able to hear her.

Judy got up unharmed, as when Jill fired at her, the bullet didn't hurt her because she was wearing a bulletproof vest under her uniform, but she still passed out from fear and shock.

Noticing the situation in front of her, she took her radio and urgently requested medical assistance in the room, which her partner had not done due to the desperation he felt.

Dewey and Gale could only watch through tears as their son bled to death in front of them, unable to do anything.

If they removed the glass they would only speed up the bleeding. If they moved him they could hurt him even more.

Nathan had his gaze lost as he felt his body numb. He could see his parents talking to him, but he didn't understand what they were saying.

He began to feel very sleepy, so he began to close his eyes and before doing so, he could see that his parents seemed more desperate because of it.

They both knew very well what it was like to lose a loved one. Dewey even lost his sister, Tatum Riley, who was killed by Billy Loomis.

Neither wanted to know what it would feel like to lose a child. They couldn't bear it.

Nathan only took one last look at them before finally closing his eyes and seeing nothing but darkness.