Prologue

╔◈═══════════✦═══════════◈╗

At the Woodsboro hospital, Gale Weathers lay at rest in a hospital bed after surviving recent attacks from a new Ghostface.

Despite having suffered a single stab wound to her left shoulder, she had to remain under observation for a few days. Dewey, her husband, arrived at the hospital accompanied by their six-year-old son Nathan.

After making sure his wife was okay, Dewey left to talk to Jill, leaving mother and son alone.

Gale: ["Tell me sweetie, did you have fun with your grandparents?"] She asked, watching Nathan sitting in a chair to her right with his legs dangling as he was too small to reach the ground.

Nathan: ["Yes. We made cookies with Grandma and Grandpa told me funny stories from when he was young. He also gave me candy without Grandma catching us. We went to the park. It was great."] He responded with a look full of innocence, unaware of everything that happened.

Faced with the threat of Ghostface, Gale and Dewey decided to protect Nathan by sending him to his paternal grandparents, without revealing the true reason for this decision.

His grandparents received him delighted. They enjoyed having their only grandchild nearby. And if doing so kept him safe, they would not hesitate to care for him as long as necessary.

Gale: ["That's great. I'm glad to hear it."] She said with a soft smile.

Nathan: ["By the way mom, what happened to your arm?"] He asked pointing to his mother's wound.

When everything seemed to have come to an end, Dewey headed to his parents house to pick up his son and take him to the hospital where Gale was admitted. Before leaving, he reassured his parents that his wife was fine and that everything was over.

During the ride, Dewey tried to calm Nathan by explaining that Gale had simply hurt her arm, nothing serious, an explanation that the boy naively accepted, oblivious to the deep and traumatic experience of his parents.

Gale: ["I tripped, fell and hit a piece of furniture. Don't worry, I'll be fine, it's not serious."] She said, slightly raising her injured arm and trying to hide the pain she felt so as not to worry him.

Nathan: ["But you're in the hospital."] He didn't understand what his mother was saying, because it didn't make sense to him. ["If it's a minor injury, you only need a band-aid, right? Then, why are you in the hospital?"]

His mother let out a small laugh at her son's logic, which was not wrong. If it was a superficial wound, medical assistance is not necessary.

Gale: ["He's getting smarter."] She thought to herself before reaching out and taking his hand. ["What you say is true. I actually came to have some blood tests done and the doctor wanted to heal my wound."]

This argument seemed to convince the minor sitting in the chair, but he still had his doubts.

Nathan: ["So, you are okay?"] He asked still with some uncertainty.

Gale: ["I'm fine. I promise."] She said, looking at him lovingly, as only a mother can look at her child.

Being honest with herself, there was a time when she believed that she would not survive and, therefore, would not see her little one again.