Chapter 1: Gringotts

2nd August 1993

POV Harry:

After blowing my Aunt Marge, I encountered the minister of magic, Cornelius Fudge, in the Leaky Cauldron, who told me that they wouldn't expel me from Hogwarts and that I was to stay in the Leaky without leaving.

And, well, at first I had decided to do what he told me, but I had only been two times at Diagon Alley and none of the two I could go to explore, as I only went to buy the things I needed for Hogwarts, so I decided to do it now that I had three weeks until school starts.

Which brings me to now, as I had decided to explore Diagon Alley, I went to Gringotts, which is where I'm now, the problem? I don't have the key to my vault, which is strange as it is mine, but it seems that Dumbledore doesn't want to give it to me. I would just have to ask if there is a way for me to enter my vault without having my key.

- Can I see my vault, please? - I say, hoping that they would let me in without the key.

- Can I see your key, Mr. Potter? - the goblin asks.

- I don't have it with me. - I answer lowering my voice as the goblin starting glaring at me, what I didn't know is that he wasn't glaring at me but being angry at whoever had my key.

- Come with me, Mr. Potter. - the goblin starts walking towards a large corridor and I start to follow him.

From the large corridor we start to take different paths which I try to memorize, but after the seventh turn I forgot form where we had come.

The goblin suddenly stops in front of a big door which had a golden plate with the name "Ragnok" in it, he knocks on the door and a larger goblin appears from the door. The two goblins start to rapidly speak in what I assume is their language, until the larger goblin looks at me.

- Come inside, Mr. Potter, we have a lot to discuss. - the large goblins, which I assume is called Ragnok, tells me.

I enter in the room while waving the other goblin goodbye and with the larger goblin following inside. Behind me the two goblins were speechless at seeing a human remembering them and being respectful.

Ragnok ends sitting at the chair behind the table, which seemed a bit like a throne, and I sit in the chair in front of the table waiting for the goblin to start speaking.

- I'm Ragnok, Griphook has told me that you came without a key. - he makes a pause and I nod at what he said. - I also decided to take this opportunity to ask about why you have ignored all my summonings, but before we have to make sure that you are who you are.

- What summonings? - I ask before he could confirm who I am, which causes him to go wide-eyed.

- You mean that you haven't received any of the letters that I have been sending you for the past 2 years since you re-entered the magic community?

- No, sir. The only letters that I have received are from Hogwarts and my friends. - I answer and then I decide to ask. - What were they about?

- We will talk about that after I confirm who you are. - he pauses and then adds. - And maybe you will have to do an inheritance test to see if the one blocking your mail has done other things.

He starts to search for something, probably whatever he needs to confirm who I am, while I wonder what is an inheritance test. After some time the goblin returns with a dagger and a piece of parchment.

- Cut your palm with the dagger and then let 3 drops of blood in the parchment to know if you are who you truly are. - he says while handing me dagger and placing the parchment down in the table.