Kaitoru flinched and looked at me, his expression immediately turning into one of shock and fear. "A-ah! Upper Moon 3! What a coincidence to see you here! Upper Moon 2 and I were just having a good ol' conversation about, uh, f-flowers! Isn't that right, my dear friend?"

I looked over his shoulder to see how Douma would respond to this. He nodded his head, but judging by how he just agreed with everything he was told, I didn't believe a word that this bitch said. I turned back to Kaitoru and glared at him. "I don't think what I heard is considered a 'good old conversation'." I told him in a mocking tone, my eyes glinting dangerously.

Kaitoru paled even more when he realized that I had been behind them the for long enough to know that he was spouting bullshit. Before I had the chance to press him with more questions about what he was trying to do or just go straight to beating him up, he tore the part of his yukuta that I was holding onto off and fled. But instead of going after him, I decided to stay with Douma instead, to see what was wrong with him.(Okay, explanation time! After hearing Akaza's words that day, Douma thought it through and since he wanted Akaza be friends with him, he decided to follow everything Akaza said he wanted Douma to be. He forcefully changed himself to be that way for 2 days, then when he realized that he was having trouble keeping it up, he decided to go to Muzan for advice. The demon king was immensely pleased that Douma wanted to do this, so he told Douma the he would make something that would completely change Douma. In the meantime, Douma avoided Akaza and only spoke to the other Kizukis when he was spoken to. After the same few weeks that was used as the time skip, Douma was summoned to Muzan's office to drink the concoction that he had prepared. Muzan told him that it did everything Douma wanted it to do, and Douma drank it. What they didn't know was that Kaitoru was nearby and had heard the entire thing thanks to his enhanced sense of hearing, so he took advantage of it and that's how they got here.) "Douma, we're going to my room. You have a lot of explaining to do, so you better be ready." I told him, before calling for Nakime to bring us there.

Once we were there, I made Douma sit on my bed, then pulled a chair over so I could sit facing directly at him. "What was that all about? He was just a weak ass Lower Moon, why didn't you fight back?" I asked him, looking him dead in the eye.

He just simply stared back blankly and didn't reply, which pissed me off. "ANSWER ME GODDAMNIT!!!" I shouted, standing up and banging my fist on the nightstand beside me, causing it to crumble into pieces.

Despite that, Douma kept his mouth shut and continued to stare at me, tilting his head to the side, but it was pretty obvious that he had gotten startled by my sudden outburst. I was shaking with anger, but it died down eventually because I couldn't stay mad at him. Not when I was the cause of him acting like this. He was like this because of me, because of what I said... Tears streamed down my face as I stared back at him, full of guilt after seeing the results of my words and actions. "I'm sorry Douma...I really am...please just go back to how you were..."

He simply stared back at me blankly. He hadn't moved an inch from where I had placed him on the bed, his kaleidoscopic eyes locked with mine. It was strange to see him without his usual cheerfulness or his playful grin. I looked away and wiped my tears quickly, not wanting to come off as weak or too emotional. I then take a few deep breaths before turn back to Douma, speaking to him as if I am speaking to a young child. "So...Douma. Can you please tell me what happened?" I spoke in the most gentle voice I could manage, hoping I could get something out of him, anything at all.

But Douma just continued to sit there and stare at me, without even uttering a single word. Since this wasn't normal, I could feel this conversation starting to get extremely awkward. I decided to try a physical approach this time, so reached out my hand and gently gave him a pat on his head. That was when he did something I wasn't expecting. He flinched. He didn't try to move my hand off or back away, but he did flinch. My eyes widened at this. Doesn't he like being touched like this? He used to constantly hug me and get in contact with me any way he could, but for some reason, he was shaking a little. Almost as if he was....scared. It was really obvious he was trying to hide it, but he was shaking like a leaf, looking like he could just burst into tears at any moment. "Douma? You alright there?" I called out to him softly, trying to get his attention as he looked at me with those inattentive eyes, almost as if he was in a dream or something.

I was getting extremely worried for him, having a million questions that I wanted to ask him. But above all, one stood out. How. How did he even change into this unresponsive and docile person? There was no way he could have just magically changed over such a short period of time, that's impossible! For someone like Douma, who was way to hyperactive, there's no way he could just start listening and actually being calm for once. "Are you curious about how, Akaza?"

I almost jumped up in surprise when I heard Muzan-sama's voice. I looked around, but I couldn't see Muzan-sama anywhere. I heard him scoff in annoyance. "Are you serious right now, Akaza? I'm in your head you imbecile, have you seriously forgotten I can communicate telepathically?"

I facepalmed myself, and thought, forgetting that Muzan-sama could read minds too. Fuck, I'm such an idiot! "You are indeed, Akaza. Now tell me, do you want to know how?"

I froze up for a few seconds, not knowing whether I should accept it and let him tell me, or decline because....the answer might be cruel. But curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to accept. Yes, Muzan-sama. "Can you please tell me how he became like this? What happened?! Is there a way to turn him back?!"

Muzan-sama laughed as a dark aura started to fill my head. "Turn him back?! Are you sure that's what you want, Akaza? After all, you were the one who drove him to choose this path, so why are you so frantic about the change? Weren't you the one who told him to do it?"

My eyes widened slightly as I heard this, but I kept my tone normal, making sure I don't show that I am intimidated. "Yes sir, but I am curious. What happened that made him like this? What did he do?"

Even though I couldn't see his face, I could feel that he was smiling that menacing grin of his as he started to explain in a rather mocking tone. "Well...let's just say that about a week after you had snapped at him, he come into my office asking me if I could make him some sort of pill or something that could change him to be more...how should I say this...not himself I guess. Usually, I would have declined since it's annoying that he is telling me what to do, but I was tired of his stupid happy-go-lucky attitude, so, I did what he wanted. So now, he's the perfect Upper Moon. Loyal, respectful, and obedient. Does that answer your question, Akaza?"

"Yes, Muzan-sama. Thank you for the information." I thought, still having a solemn look on my face.

The aura seemed to darken just a little bit more, before it completely disappeared, and not another word was heard. I stayed silent for a few more seconds to ensure that Muzan-sama was truly gone from my head, before turning my attention back to Douma. I realized my hand was still on his head and was about to remove it when I noticed something. Turns out, Douma had somehow fallen asleep while I was talking to Muzan-sama, leaning his head on my hand. I couldn't help but smile at this, it was adorable! I climbed onto my bed, still using my hand to support his head, before I sat leaning against the headboard of my bed and gently pulled Douma onto me. He subconsciously cuddled up to me as I laid his head on my shoulder. He nuzzled into my neck, making a few contented purr like noises as he shifts a little to make himself comfortable. I held him in a sort of bridal style so he wouldn't fall and smile warmly at him. "Although I don't show it, and I'm always mean to you, I just want you to know that I care, I really do. I want you to know that I love you. I always loved you for being you, even though you were really fucking annoying. But just because you changed, doesn't mean I stopped loving you. I'll never stop loving you, even after I die, I'll always be by your side to protect you. You probably won't feel the same way towards me after everything I've done to you, but it's alright. As long as you are happy...."

I whispered this to him, knowing damn well that he would't hear a single word. Just as long as he was near, as long as he was safe, I would be glad. I'd do anything for him, anything to please him. He may be the most obnoxious, loud and hyper person I know, who is currently this calm....kitten? That aside, he's still the one I love, calm or not. Just wish he was back....I know that he'd never forgive me,  after everything I've said and done, but I will....and I mean will earn his trust back, little by little....

(End...?)