𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭 .

It was a cold and breezy day in New York. On days like this she would dress up in her puffer jacket, but as a result of being in a rush to get out of her place and make it to her classes on time, she had forgotten it and left it at home. Her arms were shaking more and more letting little clouds of air come out of her mouth as she took each breath.

She had moved to New York a few months ago with her group of friends from Woodsboro. The town known for all the Ghostface killings that had happened there. She and her childhood bestfriend, Tara, promised that they would go to the same college and they stuck to that promise. It was a way to move out of that murderous town and who would give up that option?

It was only last year that the recent killings had happened. She could remember it all, it was almost the only thing she could think of. I mean who wouldn't, after going through all of that wouldn't you think it would just stick with you and never leave.

She had scars all over her arms and stomach. Everytime she would see them in the mirror it would remind her that her own friend had betrayed her and her friend group. She thought about the poor people who had died and how lucky she is to have survived. The reason their lives were taken away was all because some dumb letterboxd incels couldn't handle a trashy sequel. After the incidents occurred she learned that she could trust no one, not even the ones that were still alive.

She shuddered at the rememberance of what happened, it may have been because of the cold or even a mix between her thoughts and the cold, who knows?

On the way to her destination, she bumped into a guy on the street with curly brown locks. She thought he looked familiar, maybe she saw him on campus before. The two of them both apologized to each other before going their separate ways.

As she was reaching campus grounds she had heard a familiar voice call out her name. She stopped in her tracks and turned around to meet the familiar face of Chad Meeks.

"Hey, I thought we all planned to get some coffee and walk here together?" he questioned her, crossing his arms.

Chad had always felt like a brother to her. It was the way he was always over-protective of her and had always treated her with such kindness. She had known him ever since she moved to Woodsboro when she was 5, Sam would babysit both the Meeks-Martin twins and Valerie. She was shy at first when meeting both of them, but she eventually warmed up to both of them. He may have been the stereotypical jock, but he had a nice heart.

She brought her palm to her face and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" she apologized. "I was in such a rush to get out that I forgot all about our plans," she explained.

"You're all good, man. Don't worry about it," he reassured her, patting her shoulder with his hand.

"I'll try to make it up to you guys soon," she promised, with pleading hands.

"You can start to make it up to us by walking with us to our classes," he gave her an opportunity to make up for her recent mistake. "I mean, Mindy and Tara should be coming any time soon," he turned around and pointed his thumb out.

"Then I'll start with that! I promise," she grinned up at him.

It only took a couple of minutes for the group of two girls to meet up with them. There was a face Valerie had never seen before walking with the girls. She had her hair dyed black and blonde and she looked pretty sweet from the looks of it.

"Yo, who's that?" Valerie leaned her body closer to Chad, whispering into his ear.

"I believe that is Mindy's new girlfriend, Anika," he answered.