New Job

I remember that moment clearly. The rest of the day just seemed to be quite the blur, though, assumingly, I had woken up, as usual, for school. By the time everything started going down, however, I was on my own in a computer room most likely going through Tiktok or even Instagram.... Or even... talking to him...

A couple months prior to that, I had gotten back in contact with an old friend. A friend who I had feelings for a those feelings were coming back. The day that I got that phone call for a new job was only a few days before my 18th birthday and I was trying to plan for him to spend the day with me and some of our old friends, a kind of reunion, I guess you could call it.

Honestly, during that time, I was so desperate for a job that I was applying everywhere. Little did I remember that in that list of jobs, I had applied for our local Gorgans. It was a restaurant brand, however, in my area, there was only one for me to apply to. At the time, I was very shy and couldn't bring myself to pick up the phone for any unknown number. Likely, this is why I found finding a job so difficult. However, to my surprise, Gorgans emailed me telling me to call them.

The phone call was short and sweet, we agreed on a day for my trial shift, literally two days after I would inevitably turn 18 and I was told what they would expect me to wear, just some dark trousers and trainers as they would give me a shirt when I got there. Excitment filled my entire body as I realised how close I was to finally getting a job. I messaged Theo, the guy I had been in love with for years to tell him the good news and he was just as happy for me.

The day soon came when I had my trial shift, it only lasted 2 hours and that's when I met my first friend Lisa, a lady originally from Germany in her late 20s. She showed me the job and once that had finished, one of the Supervisors, Joseph asked me about how my shift went. I told him everything and from then, it was agrees that the job was mine. Happiness was all I could feel, happiness for the success for I was in desperate need of a job and after a long hard look I finally found one.

Little did I know how much Gorgans would change my life.... For the better and for the worse....

(Sorry about the short chapter, tryna get through as soon as possible to the actual main part)