Part 1: Sophie's POV

I was finally going to tell Fitz I liked him. If I didn't chicken out, of course. I leaped to Everglen and ran to Fitz's room. I rammed open the door and saw Fitz writing something on a letter on his desk. He looked up at me, and before I could change my mind blurted out, "I have a crush on you."

Fitz chuckled a bit to himself, then realizing I was serious, he shouted, "Like you? After all the pain you've caused me? The most you'll ever be to me will be an almost sister. No, I changed my mind. The most you can be is an ex-friend. Why do you have to make things awkward." 

I was fuming as I walked out of his room. I slammed the door shut and stormed out of Everglen. I was just outside, when I realized what this meant. No perfect life with Fitz for me. Then the tears came. I ran to the nearest tree, which was a willow, and cried and cried and cried. I mentally chastened myself for being so baby-like. Why did I have to be so weak? I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't. After a while, I felt strong arms hug me from behind. I turned and hugged the person, even though I didn't know who they were. After my tears subsided into quiet hiccups I looked up at the person and saw that it was...Tam?

Hi guys! It's me the writer! All these characters belong to Shannon Messenger, and I know this probably isn't that good. It's my first fanfic. I hope you enjoy this.