“What have you been doing, Laela?”

“Running.” I answered breathlessly then coughed and swallowed. “Um, I actually wanted to know if I could get a schedule.” She smiled.

“Yes, dear.” She searched through her piles of paperwork. She handed me a piece of paper and I smiled widely.

“Thanks, Auntie Minnie!” Then I ran out the office, down the stone steps and back to the Great Hall.

It was breezily for the next few weeks. Time just flew by. I made friends with lots of people. Today

was a Hogsmeade trip. First and seconds years aren’t supposed to go, but for some reason, Auntie Minnie allowed it just this once. Everyone was excited, especially me. I had been to Hogsmeade before with my dad and his friends. It was awesome!

We piled on the train and were there in no time. I was bouncing up and down on my seat. When it chugged to a stop, I jumped up and bounded off the train, bursting with excitement. My friends followed, laughing. We went into most shops, not the ones for old ladies and stuff though. Suddenly, a dark and cold feeling loamed around me. Confusion swept through me and I glanced around. All my happiness and excitement was draining away, and I couldn’t grip on it. I tried continuously. Shadowy evil figures appeared. Terrified screams erupted around me. They were dementors. Determination ran down to my bone. I clenched my jaw and whipped my wand out in a flash.

“Malum Morietur!” I screamed, pointing my wand at them. Then it happened, the muffled screeching of the dementors echoed. Light white wind whipped around the dementors and dragged them up, towards the sky. Then, simply, they were gone. People were staring in amazement and awe. I swallowed shakily. My knees trembled. A feeling ran through my body. It was familiar. So familiar. A hot, boiling burning sensation ran through my body. Then the freezing, chilling feeling came. It kept twitching between as light surrounded me. I arched my back in pain as blood-curdling screamed erupted from my mouth. Then a bright, bright flash came and then nothing. I had a brief idea of what had happened.

“Oh, Merlin!” Hermione gasped.

“What-What happened?” I whispered, tears filling my eyes.

“You-your were turned to eighteen, your proper age” She told me, wide-eyed. My eyes snapped wide with shock. Then I fainted.

I woke up in the infirmary, with Auntie Minnie by my side. I blinked hard and yawned. She glanced up at me with a relieved smile.

“You’re awake.”

“Mm. What happened, Auntie Minnie?” My voice sounded more… feminine, grown up.

“You were turned to your true age.”

“Why?”

“I was told of you killing a dementor,” she raised an eyebrow in question then continued, “I believe that your power and knowledge just didn’t fit with an eleven year old.” She simply said. I nodded, that made tonnes of sense.

“But what about when I was stuck at seven?” I asked her.

“You didn’t do much powerful magic, did you?” I shook my head. She smiled. “I suppose that answers it. But you were just so powerful! How do you know how to kill a dementor, Laela? It is unknown.”

“I just know things.” She knew not to ask me any questions about that. She knew I would refuse to answer. “Can I leave now? I feel fine.”

She tightened her lips then called out for Poppy.

I couldn’t be a student at Hogwarts anymore. I was eighteen. I should’ve graduated last year. But I kept up on my studies heaps. I was way ahead, as you could probably tell. I have advanced knowledge beyond anything known. Aunt Minnie said I could stay this year, as a seventh year and be one of the older ones. I politely told her no. I had to get out there. And I had been thinking, too. About what I would do.

I had my shower in aunt Minnie’s quarters. I didn’t quite feel comfortable going to the Griffindor’s common rooms. Once I wrapped myself in a towel I looked into the mirror. I gasped, wide-eyed. I was beautiful! I hadn’t looked into a mirror after my aging. My long black hair was longer, a little above my hips. My wide turquoise eyes were the same. But my baby fat wasn’t there. My more pronounced cheekbones were perfect, as well as my perfect nose. My full lips were dark pink and just as perfect. I didn’t even look human. I looked… like a goddess. How could Aunt Minnie not tell me I looked… like this?! My height had grown, but I just knew I wasn’t as tall as everyone else my age. I would say I was about five-foot four. A freaking midget. My normal dark tanned skin was clear. Hell, yeah, I skipped the whole pimple stage. A grin spread across my face angelically. I squinted. This is definitely weird. I brushed my hair and got dressed into an outfit Aunt Minnie had managed to get for me. It was a dress. Not exactly what I would have picked, but nevertheless. It was a dark navy blue knee-length dress, with thick straps. I slipped on the denim waist length jacket and the slip on white shoes. I left my hair down and walked out the bathroom. Aunt Minnie was in her office. I had already told her goodbye. I took a deep breath before going to the Griffindor common rooms. Classes should be over. Not many students were in the halls right now, for which I was thankful. But the ones who were, they stared. A lot.

I got through the portrait and only to come to more staring.

“La-Laela?” Harry choked in the silence. I stared, tears filling my eyes. I nodded.

“I… I need to talk to you.” He nodded and glanced at his friends then walked over to me. We left the common rooms together. It was weird talking to him. He was eleven and I was eighteen! I used to look four years younger than him, now I’m seven years older. Can you say big change? We walked out to the Lake and sat at a bench.

“So you’re going to stay as a seventh year? I know you’ll do great. You better at magic than anyone in history. You could totally give Voldemort a kick in the butt without breaking a sweat-“

“Harry, I came here to say goodbye.” I whispered, interrupted him. He stared at me, with sadness and shock.

“But, Laela, you can stay here! You’re only eighteen!”

“I’m leaving, Harry. But I want to ask you something.”

“Sure.”

“If I were to… buy a house, would you come live with me?” His eyes widened again.

“Absolutely! Why do you even have to ask?”

“I’m going to, I think. I have plenty of money. Tonnes of people put money into my safe. I don’t know why, though. But I’m pretty rich. I have t-onnes of money.” I grinned. “I want to open up a store in Diagon Alley.”

“You always talked about wanting to do that.” Harry recalled. I smiled.

“I reckon I could do it. I’m going to get a house, a job that I love, and try to get you to stay with me.” I listed. He nodded.

“I’m sad that you’re not going to stay here… but I wish you the best. You’ll come visit, right?” I nodded with disbelief.

“Of course, Harry!” I hugged him and kissed his forehead. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, Laela.” Then I walked back to the castle. “Hey, Harry! Tell everyone else I said goodbye!” I shouted to him and disappeared from his view into the castle I gathered all my stuff up. Aunt Minnie had gotten it from my dorm. It was pretty useless now, considering all my clothes were too small. I departed via the fireplace with floo. I landed in Diagon Alley.

Hello, Adulthood.

I hope you all enjoyed!! Please Comment and Vote! It would mean the world to me!!! :)