018. Lions vs Snakes

Start from the beginning

♡ ♡ ♡

Eva sat in the stands with James's Gryffindor scarf around her. The weather had been getting colder and more unbearable as days went by but that didn't stop the swarm of students outside watching the game. It might've been weird considering she wasn't supporting her house team but she didn't care. She was there to support her two friends that she loved. It didn't matter, she didn't care. She spotted Lily and Marlene walking up to the stands and immediately waved them over to come sit with her.

She watched with a smile as Remus announced the teams coming out on the pitch. She cheered for James as she saw him leading his team out in-fact she cheered so loud that James heard her. He smiled at the scream he immediately recognized before turning to find her blonde hair. She waved at him with a soft smile. He waved back at her with a smirk and then winked back at her. She shook his head at him, the smile never leaving her face, while the girls around started rolling their eyes at her.

Some time had passed and honestly, Eva had absolutely no idea what was going on. The Slytherins were being aggressive as usual while the Gryffindors seemed like they were just trying not to get killed. Lucius had thrown multiple bludgers at James in hopes of hitting him and without fail, every single time James almost got hit, Eva would jump so bad Marlene was starting to get concerned.

Time was playing into their hands; they were a few hours into the match, and the sun that had stood high in the sky, in the beginning, was slowly edging its way toward the horizon. It shone directly into the face of James Potter forcing him to shield his eyes from its light with one hand on the broom at all times. It was not every day that quidditch games lasted more than an hour but this time it did. It really showed how both teams were giving it their all. Crossing into the hour and half mark one of Slytherin's chasers had an injury that required him to leave the game.

James Potter quickly figured out how to use the changed conditions to their advantage. James advanced on the squinting Evan Rosier, swooping in on him with the sun directly in their backs and passing the Quaffle to Sirius last moment. Evan stood no chance against them that way, having to watch helplessly as the Quaffle soared past him and through the goalposts time and time again. They made a good team.

The game was tied and everyone was in suspense. The Seekers were fighting their own battle. They zoomed across the Quidditch pitch both horizontally, vertically, and in wild spirals, trying to outsmart each other with flying maneuvers that became both more desperate and reckless by the second. The Slytherin seeker's fingers were just moments away from triumph, his fingertips almost grazing the rapidly beating wings of the Snitch, when Mary lurched forward, pushed his arm aside, and closed her fist around the fluttering golden ball. The crowd went wild. Singled-out cheers came from the Gryffindor fans.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE FINALLY! GRYFFINDOR HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH THEY HAVE WON THE GAME!!" Remus yelled into the mic.

"LUPIN! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT YOUR LANGUAGE!"

Eva jumped up and down cheering with all the joy in her heart. The trio of girls ran down the stands on their way to the quidditch pitch to greet the boys. "James!" Eva ran towards him while he caught her in his arms, stumbling back a little because of the impact, smiling immediately. He put his hands around her waist to stabilize her and rested his chin on her head.

"I'm so proud of you! You did amazing," Eva muffled through his chest.

"Thank you, darling." He lifted up her chin looking into her eyes. "Couldn't have done without you,"