Then, a gun game? Haven't played those in a while.

You pulled out your phone to check the time, putting it back when you confirmed that you had around 20 more minutes before you had to leave.

Your lips curved downward when you saw two boys with blonde hair; one tall and one short one, playing the Resident Evil Survivor 2 game.

The taller wasn't too bad, he was trying his hardest to compete. The shorter one... he was trying to shoot as if he was a mafia boss.

The sight was a bit amusing to watch, but another machine caught your attention after you had a good silent laugh when the taller one died.

It was a claw machine, which you were surprisingly okay at, but disliked them at the same time since you knew they were rigged.

And yet, you still spend your money on claw machines till this day.

Inside were small boxes neatly stacked on shelves, and there was a box right in the middle that was on top of two metal bars with a slit down the middle to create a gap.

"So I just have to push it off? Sounds easy enough."

You inserted the money, and moved the claw around. You even looked to the sides to see if it looked like it'd push the box off.

You finally pressed the button, and grunted when you saw it only moved the box by a little bit. It wasn't even hanging off the edge!

At this point, you would've given up. But inside the box contained a charm, and you wanted to use it for your phone.

Clearly, your plans weren't working. You were down to your very last arcade coin, so you really had to make it count.

You pushed the button, and prayed to god that it'd push it somewhat close to the edge so you could cheat your way and physically shake the machine.

You watched the claw push it, and...

"Huh?!"

You were enraged.

You had spent the remaining of your arcade coins to get this fucking charm, only for it to end up being wedged in between the two metal bars.

"You're kidding, you are actually fucking joking!" You shook the machine a bit, even hitting the glass if the box would give in to the vibrations and fall down.

Unfortunately, it didn't budge at all.

Sure, you knew you could've just bought a charm outside somewhere but you specifically wanted this one.

It was a small silver dragon wrapped around a dark blue marble.

It reminded you of your father who was the year of the dragon, and your mother's color, as well as your grandma's fondness of marbles.

You looked around to see the same two boys from the Resident Evil game staring right at you. You turned away to cover your face in embarrassment and in frustration.

Well, you ended up walking out of the arcade, with slumped shoulders and a clear as day frown.

I can come back and try again, but first I need to get home and make dinner. I'm sure grandma's waiting.

You fixed the straps of your book bag on your shoulder while walking down the steps, fidgeting with them until they were both smooth.

You then heard the automatic sliding doors reopen just as you reached the bottom of the short staircase, hearing familiar voices but not paying enough attention to them.

Hence, you didn't turn around.

"Wait up! Hey!"

It was a bad habit to turn when someone called out to someone else, then also embarrassing to find out it wasn't you in the first place. But you also got over that habit a while ago.

"I think he's talking to you, missy."

Your eyes darted up from the concrete ground and met a boy who was around your age. You instantly took in his features.

Black, short tousled hair. Fair skin. Sharp bronze eyes with slight eye bags underneath. Then he also wore a soft smile with one of his sharp canines sticking out.

You also noticed that he was leaning against a motorcycle and wearing a well-tailored black jacket with gold writings embroidered. In fact, there were three other boys wearing the same exact jacket.

Each with motorcycles.

Motorcycles?

Are these teenagers in a gang?

The tall boy from the game came up to you, out of breath to hold up a box.

Your eyes fluttered down to the small box resting in his palm, and flinched a little when he ushered it towards you.

"Here, take it. I uh- saw you struggling and- just take it!" The boy gave up trying to explain why he got it for you, but you didn't care.

He was kind enough to spend his coins on this dumb little box for you.

Your fingers gently took the box from his hand, and heard him sucking in a tight breath before releasing it when you pulled back.

One of the boys snickered, "Yo, he's red man."

He turned his head and furrowed his eyebrows, "Shut it, Baji! It's the sun!"

Ah, so that's his name.

That's when you noticed he had a dragon's tattoo on the side of his head.

You laughed lightly, "Thank you, really, you didn't have to."

The boy shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, no problem. If you're struggling on another claw machine, just ask."

He was already assuming he'd be seeing you more often since you go to the same arcade. It was cute.

"Sure, then... I have to leave, sorry. Can I get your name before I go?"

"Ryuguji Ken. But you can call me-"

His shorter friend jumped in suddenly, "Look at Kenchin's face! Tomato man!"

Kenchin?

"Shut up! I'll beat your ass, Mikey.

His name's Mikey.

You then remembered the time, and started jogging in place to get ready to go. "Oh shit! Ah, I have to go- but it was nice meeting you. Thanks again!"

Before you left and before he turned even more red,

"I'll see you, Kenchin!"

...

Oh.

Baji was the first to break down. "Ah! Aha! Look at him! He's a puppy in love! She called you Kenchin, oh wow. That's hilarious."

"I- I was going to say 'call me Draken' but our dumbass of a leader decided to fuck up!"

Mikey stuck out his tongue, not denying his actions. Draken could only groan.

Author's note:
woo finally done
i rlly gotta stop writing before i go to bed

anyways, i'm gonna be doing some small editing with services |JJK| throughout the weekend, so yeah goodnighttt