𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

debbie watches as you gently touch an ipad screen, smiling as it lit up from your mere touch. "unfortunately not."

"wow, i can't even imagine," daphne said with a light scoff. "i mean, i can't even go one day without my phone." daphne watches you for a moment, then catches a glimpse of someone behind you, which pulls her attention. a worker with a white collared shirt and a name tag reading "abby." she watches and the woman narrows her eyes at you a licks her teeth. she took a deep inhale before plastering on a smile, walking towards you with a stride. "oh shit," daphne says, nudging debbie with her elbow before putting on her sunglasses and adjusting her hat.

debbie straightened her posture before starting to walk up behind you, while the worker starts talking to you.

"so, anything you're looking for in particular?" she asks you with a faux smile.

"my aunt wants to get me a new phone, but i'm just so enchanted by all these cool devices!" you say, opening the notes app on the ipad.

"um, maybe you shouldn't touch everything in sight, honey." the woman swatted your hand away and gave you another smile. "the phone are over here."

you give the woman an obviously fake smile and place your hands at your side. "oh, okay."

debbie follows directly behind you with a scoff. after hearing this interaction, her expression and demeanor changed significantly. her eyebrow was arched to the max and a smirk crossed her face. she was about to put this "abby" in her place.

"are you looking for a specific iphone?" abby asks you, irritated. you didn't know what to say, you bit your cheek, trying to think. "the 11, 12, 13?" abby's irritation grew as you didn't say anything. "c'mon, it isn't rocket science."

"excuse me," debbie interjects causing abby to freeze. "but do you think i could ask you a question about the colors this iphone comes in?"

abby spins on her heels with another plastered smile. "yes, of course. this one?" she asks motioning to the one next to you.

"no, over here," debbie says, mirroring abby's smile.

abby follows debbie to an iphone 12. "okay, so this one comes in silver, rose gold—"

debbie instantly cuts her off. "listen, honey. i don't appreciate your tone with my niece." debbie looks over to you talking with daphne.

"your niece?"

debbie smiles. "yes, my niece. that sweet little girl you were being so insanely rude to." abby takes a gulp as debbie runs her finger down towards her collar. "you act like helping people isn't your job," she begins to adjust her collar, giving the occasional tug. "usually i'm not like this to customer service, i have empathy for them." debbie harshly pulls abby's collar towards her, emitting a gasp from her lips. debbie's brown eyes shot daggers directly into abby's pale blue ones. "but you aren't very empathetic, so i suggest you go over there and be the kindest fucking person you can be, and help my niece find a phone." abby shakily nods her head, with a small whimper. "good," debbie says with a smile and let go of abby's collar.

~•~

"wow auntie debbie, this is so cool! thank you!" you beamed. your aunt had her arm around her shoulder as she watched you admire your new phone.

"of course kiddo," debbie said with a smile, giving you a light squeeze.

you accidentally opened up the camera app, catching you off guard. "pictures too?"

debbie could hear daphnes internal cringe without even looking at her. "yup."

"well in that case," you said pulling the camera up in front of you and debbie's faces. "say cheese!"

debbie normally would've apposed to any photos but she decided to lean into you. she knew that you didn't really have great relationships with your parents or your nonno, so maybe she could try and make a healthy one.

"cheese!" you exclaim, beaming a bright smile.

"cheese," debbie says with a smile. the flash went off, capturing you and debbie at the right moment. you clicked the photo, making it bigger. the sun was illuminating your faces just right and you both looked... happy. your hair was in perfect waves, y/c eyes were bright, and your smile was perfect. a cute dimple popped out on your left cheek. debbie looked at herself and didn't hate it. "here, let me give you my number."

you obliged, handing debbie the phone. she put her number in the designated area and her finger hovered over the name. "put 'aunt debbie'," you said, giving her a reassuring smile.

debbie lightly smiled back and put it in, handing the phone back to you. "send me that photo?"

"of course," you replied, sending the photo to debbie's number.

"hey! your first contact," daphne said, catching up to you. she took a small pit stop for a pair of new shoes. "here let me give you my number too."

you handed her your phone, watching as she put in her information. "aren't you nervous i'll leak your number?" you tease.

"nah," she said with a cheeky smile. "i trust you." she hands you back your phone. you look at the second contact, laughing at her name.

"daphne kluger (not the famous one," you read out loud. "very discreet," you say with a smile.

"what'd you expect?" she teases back.

"so where are we going now, aunt debbie?" you inquire.

"i was thinking we could go home, but take the long way so you can get a better feel for the city. how does that sound?"

"it sounds great," you say with a grin.