Chapter One

Depuis le début

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favourite marginalised group here."

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch." Wednesday interrupted the blonde. "I don't plan on staying here for long." she dismissed Enid as she turned towards her. "Why not?"

"This was my parents' idea." the raven-haired girl answered as she looked at a photo on a table. "Oh, look, there's my mother smirking at me. They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan."

"What plan?"

"To turn me into a version of themselves."

"In that case, perhaps you can clear something up." Enid said as the two continued walking. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

"Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?" Wednesday corrected as Enid stopped walking for a second, before walking after her roommate.

The two opened the door to the section of the school which was outside. Many students were walking around as Enid and Wednesday arrived. "Welcome to the quad."

"It's a pentagon

"It's a pentagon." Wednesday observed as Enid turned towards her. "The whole snarky Goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different."

"Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." the blonde walked away as Wednesday quickly caught up with her. "I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés."

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Enid shrugged. "There are many outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stones and Scales."

The first table Enid pointed towards was full of students with sunglasses on their faces. "These are the Fangs, AKA vampires. Some of them have literally been here for decades."

Once the girls continued, they watched as another table of students howled towards the air