Chapter 2

As my eyes fluttered open, I turned my head to see the one and only Fitzgerald Grant AKA the President of the United States. I closed my eyes and sighed. I went to sneak out of bed when I felt a warm arm snake around my waist and pull me back in.

"And just where do you think you're going?" He said sleepily.

"To get in the shower and go to work."

"Can't we just stay here?" He yawned and pulled the covers over us.

"No. No we can't stay here. I have a client and a case to sort. And you..." I put my hand on his cheek "you have to get back to running the country. And to your wife." I took my hand away and sat up.

"Liv.."

"What?" I snapped

"It's you I love."

"Yes. Yes. 'Its you I love and I am married, but I'm getting a divorce.' yeah, i know. How many times have I heard that one before?" By this time I was up and pulling on my robe and he was pulling some jeans on.

"I'm telling Mellie today" he said getting up and coming over to me. "We will be together, I promise. I will tell her today and then it'll be a quick divorce and then: you and I."

I had my back to him and as looking out the window with my arms folded. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my middle and put his chin on my shoulder.

We just stood there. Breathing together, looking out my window, at the view, at the rising sun. It couldn't have been more than a few minutes but it felt like eternity. I would've very happily stayed there for eternity.

There was a knock on the door and Tom poked his head around.

"Sorry to interrupt, Sir we need to get back to the White House."

I looked up at Fitz and he sighed and nodded. He kissed my shoulder. I smiled and tuned my head to Tom.

"Has he got time for a shower?"
"40 minutes" Tom replied
"Well that's plenty of time." Fitz said smugly and I chuckled. I turned around and Fitz kissed me gently. I smiled. I leaned in and there was a knock at the door of my apartment.

"I will get the door and you can get in the shower" I said with my hands on his chest. I kissed him on the cheek and walked out of my bedroom.

"Do you guys want coffee?" I said to Tom and Hal.

They nodded and so I ran to the kitchen to pour them coffee. The person knocked again as I heard my shower being switched on and saw Hal go to open the door.

"No!" I yelled. He stopped in his tracks. "Sorry, I'll get it. We don't want the world knowing he spent the night here do we?"

He nodded and I walked towards the door. I opened it and saw Jake Ballard standing there.

"Hi" I said wide eyed.
"Hey babe" he tried to push the door open, but I held it tightly.
"Can't I come in?"
"Um I've actually got someone staying over and they're not up yet."
"I'll be really quiet"
"I don't think so Jake."

He looked at me as if he was trying to figure it out. I think he actually believed me until...

"Liv. Come on I'm gonna use all the hot water and when that happens we both know what we'll have to do to keep warm." Fitz yelled from my bathroom.

Jake looked at me, clearly angry as frowned because my lie had been overturned.

"Right. I think your guest might be up."
"Jake..."
"Save it Liv. I'll call you later."

And with that he walked away. I sighed, closed the door and walked to the bathroom.

After a good 20 minutes in the shower, we got out and got dressed. I slipped into a black pencil skirt and a super pale blue shirt. I put a thick black belt around my waist and slipped on my shinny black Jimmy Choos.

I turned round and saw Fitz watching me. Tom knocked on the door and told us it was time for Fitz to go. We walked out of my apartment together, after I put on my cream coat and picked up my prada bag. We got in the elevator together and he walked out whilst I waited for 2 minutes and got in my car and drove to the office.

I was officially in a good mood for the day. Until I thought of Jake.