He sniffled quietly, staring down at the pages.

Before he could even think, he slammed the notebook shut and chucked it hard against the wall beside him. He threw the hood from his black sweatshirt over his head, and buried his face deep into his arms, which were crossed and resting on the table.

Then, he started to cry.

All emotions he had bundled up flowed freely down his face.

He thought he'd finally made it. He thought this was the point he's been longing to reach for his whole career.
He thought he was on the path to greatness as last, somewhat telling himself that it's going to be easier now.

Adam was aware that a big part to how he was feeling was simply because of how over tried he was.

But still, he couldn't hold it in.

It was too much.

Julie happened to walk in the common room just a couple minutes later with two coffees in her hands, specifically looking for her favorite warm-up partner. She had ran into JJ earlier that morning in the cafe, and had asked if he's seen Adam. (The last time she saw him was when the rosters first came out.)

The boy had mentioned the last time he saw Adam in that study at around four in the morning, and there was a high chance he could still be there.

"He just looked so tired, but deep in thought at the same time. I tried talking to him but I don't think he even noticed me." JJ told her, and she immediately knew what was happening.

Julie's only ever seen this go down once at the Goodwill games-- after he hurt his wrist. He had completely broke down and stayed up a whole night, going through physical exercises on his wrist and trying different therapies on it in the span of those twelve hours. But of course, it was extremely painful and Gordon Bombay eventually found out.
The thing was, he was being so hard on himself where it drove him to go above and beyond.

So, it wasn't a surprise to see him hunched over in his chair, body trembling slightly as he softly cried. His head was bowed in against the table with his arms guarding it.

The girl sighed softly, approaching him slowly as she tried not to frighten him. Julie took a seat on the chair beside him. When she knew he was aware she was there, she gently began to rub his back with a gentle hand.

Adam lifted his head up and glanced at her momentarily before shamefully turning his head away.

She couldn't see him like this.

It was embarrassing.

"Adam?" The girl spoke carefully, afraid that he was going to break at any louder tone.

After a second, he turned back with his gaze down at the floor. He sniffled, then hastily rubbed his nose with a sleeve. But as he went to speak, his voice cracked and he felt his eyes begin to water again.

Julie reached over and delicately rested his head down on her shoulder. She caressed his head with both hands pressed against the open side of his cheek, which was dampened with early tears.

And then they sat there in silence.

Until Adam finally spoke.