Prologue

"Shit-" Jaskier hissed as he pushed the body off of him and slid off the bed. "Oh I'm in a lot of shit now-" He said as he wiped the blood off his face and headed towards the washbasin.

"Julien-! What's going on in there-?! Have you sealed the deal, yet-?" His fathers voice shouted from the other side of the door after banging on it loudly.

He looked up and swallowed nervously as he dropped the bloody rag. "Erm- Everything's fine- He's asleep-"

"You wouldn't mind if I came in, right-?"

"Not right now- I'm- I'm cleaning myself off-" He said hastily as he pulled his gloves off and tossed them aside before grabbing the rag again to wipe off.

"I'm coming in-" His father said before pushing the door open and stepping inside as Jaskier quickly covered himself with something. "What the-?!"

"It- It's not what you-!"

"Quiet-! Do you realize what you've done-?! Have you ever thought about what you've ever done in your life-?! I should've put you down when those powers of yours came to life-!" His father shouted as he stormed across the room and slapped Jaskier across the face, leaving a mark.

"And have you ever listened to me for once in my damn life-!? No-! All you care about is the stupid alliance with Nilfgaard-!" Jaskier snapped back, clenching a fist as the room started growing colder, despite it being the middle of summer.

"You control yourself, boy-! I will not hesitate to exile you from Cintra for the rest of your life-!"

"Do it, then-! Just give me an hour to pack and let me talk to Ciri and I'll be on my way- I'm sure anywhere will be better than this-"

His father huffed angrily. "Fine- But put some clothes on, first."

"I was planning on doing that before you rudely barged in- Now get out-"

*An hour later*

Jaskier appeared in front of his father wearing a deep blue outfit with a small bag of his things. "Alright- I'm ready-"

His father nodded and straightened up on his throne. "I, Emhyr var Emreis, King of Cintra, hereby banish you, Prince Julian Alfred Emreis, from Cintra from now until your last breath-!"

Jaskier shuddered a bit and turned to Ciri, who was next to him. "Don't worry, Ciri- I'll come back for you eventually-" He said as he put a gloved hand on his sisters face.

"Do you really have to go-?" She said tearfully, wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm sorry... I have to... I've messed up the alliance with Nilfgaard... But don't worry- Hopefully I won't be gone for long. Just stay strong for me, ok-?"

She stepped back and nodded, puffing out her chest a bit. "Of course-!"

He chuckled a bit and pulled up the hood of his cloak as he grabbed his bag. "There's the Ciri I know- Hopefully I'll see you soon-" He said before taking a deep breath and dashing out the palace doors and through the streets.

*4 months later*

"Oi-! Watch it-!" One of the villagers huffed as they ran into him.

Jaskier huffed and straightened up to brush the dirt off of his pants. "Goddamn common people have no respect whatsoever-" He huffed before stuffing his gloves in his pocket and stepping into the tavern, gripping his lute tightly.

A few hours later, he had been pelted with bread yet again and then he saw someone sitting in the corner and approached him after stuffing bread in his pants. "Love how you just sit there and brood-" He said nervously as he pulled his gloves on.

"I'm here to drink alone-" The witcher grunted and gave him a look.

Jaskier huffed and sat down across from him. "Well, good luck with that with me here-"

The witcher huffed and grabbed his ale. "The monsters in your songs don't exist-"

"And what makes you say that-? Are you a monster slayer-? I mean, it would definitely explain the swords and armor-"

He rolled his eyes. "Not here- And I definitely haven't had enough ale to deal with you-!"

Jaskier chuckled. "Leave that to me- I'm sure I've got enough gold to buy you as much ale as you want-"