Chapter 88: Time Messed Back

Start from the beginning

Taking a step back from the cabinet, steve collected his suit from the side ready to put on "I'll see you soon Princess" he whispers looking back at your suit before stepping out of the lab.

Just like he promised the gauntlet was ready just before midday, Rocket and Tony put the finishing touches on as everyone bar Nebula gathered in the labs.

"all right, the glove's ready" Rocket sighs "question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" he asks glancing up at everyone.

Thor raises his hand and starts walking over "I'll do it" he mutters.

"excuse me?" Tony asks turning to face him.

"It's okay," Thor says waving Tony off.

"whoa, whoa, whoa," Steve says putting his hand out to stop thor.

"stop, stop slow down," Tony tells him, putting his hand on Thor's chest.

"Thor just wait," Steve said calmly, hoping their recent reconciliation wasn't about to be ruined "we haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet"

Thor scoffs lightly "I'm sorry, what, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"we should at least discuss it" Scott reasons.

"look sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everyone back," Thor says looking around at everyone "I'm the strongest avenger, so this responsibility falls upon me"

"Normally you're right" Tony reasons.

"it's my duty" Thor states.

"It's not about that, it's not that" Tony shushes him gently.

"stop it! just let me-" Thor argues pressing back against Tony.

"Thor please" Steve sighs trying to reason with him.

Thor stops his fighting, tears in his eyes as he glances over at Steve and begs "just let me do it... just let me do something good, something right"

"you've done that already thor," Steve tells him gently.

"look it's not just the fact that that glove is channelling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition," Tony says.

"what do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor questions looking back at Tony.

"cheez whiz?" Rhodey offers flatly, making Thor point over at him and Steve give him an unimpressed 'not helpful' look.

"lightning" Thor finishes.

"lightning won't help you pal," Bruce says from across the lab "it's gotta be me," he says, thor shaking his head as he stepped away from Tony "you saw what those stones did to Thanos, they almost killed him... none of you could survive," Bruce says walking over towards the gauntlet.

"how do we know you will?" Steve questions, watching Bruce carefully.

"we don't... but the radiations mostly gamma... it's like... like I was made for this" Bruce mutters.

Steve nods gently "as long as you're 100% sure you're okay to do this" he presses.

"I'm sure Steve, there's no doubt in my mind what I need to do," Bruce says picking up the gauntlet.

"good to go yeah?" Tony asks walking behind Bruce.

Bruce nods "let's do it"

"Okay remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything in the last five years" Tony says glancing over to Steve as he said the last bit.