Just like paradise

I wake up to my alarm screeching in my ear. I smack it off as I groan and slowly get out of bed. my bright pink floral wallpaper screams out at me but i've learned to just ignore it. see my moms an interior designer, not a very good one but she still manages to make good money, and my dads the mayor of our small town in Nebraska. My brother Justin is a junior and the captain of the football team and my sister Charlotte is a sophomore and already captain of the volleyball team. Then there's me Presley, the senior non-sport playing, rock music loving, wanna be actor. it's safe to say i'm the disappointment of the family, even my dog Rocket can do cooler things than I can.

but anyways i pulled out my favorite stacee jaxx record and put it on the turntable as i got ready for school. I teased my hair and put on my most non grandma looking outfit I was allowed to wear and set off for school. On my way to school I passed by all the usual places: the pharmacy, dance studio, shoe store and bus ticket booth but today something intrigued me, i saw that they were selling bus tickets to LA and it was leaving tomorrow at 5am. i don't know what came over me but I quickly walked over, bought a ticket, shoved it in my bag then kept walking.

By the time the school day was done and the bell finally rang I had forgotten all about the ticket. I barged through the door and slammed into mom. she looked at me with anger burning in her eyes, "PRESLEY MORGAN SMITH WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT JUST SLAMMING THE DOOR OPEN." I let out a sheepish "I'm sorry mom" and gazed down at the floor. "YOU BETTER BE YOU MADE ME SPILL MY COFFEE. YOU KNOW YOU AND YOU'RE STUPID ACTING DREAMS AND ROCK AND OBSESSION. YOU'RE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT TO THIS FAMILY. WE'D BE BETTER OFF IF YOU JUST MOVED TO LA LIKE YOU ALWAYS DREAMED OF. YOU KNOW ITS LIKE WERE NEVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU." after she said all that i took off up stairs to my room.

I was laying on my bed crying when I remembered that earlier I had bought that ticket and decided that I was going to go. so i pulled out my suitcase and only packed the essentials of course. I packed my records, magazines, band tees, fake ID, money and way more clothes that actually showed some skin. I picked out my bus outfit that consisted of a black leather mini skirt, cropped stacee jaxx shirt, a lacey bra and some sparkly black boots. set my alarm then went to bed.