52. I'll Always Be By Your Side- Part 1

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ram woke Pihu up and took her to the washroom and made her sit on the countertop.
Pihu(pouting): Papa? Aap ko Office jaana hi hoga?
Ram(also pouting): Haan bacche. Jaana toh hoga. Nahi toh jin Jokers ke saath main kaam karta hoon woh gussa ho jayenge.
Pihu(Eyes sperkling): Jokers? Sacchi mein?
Ram: Haan.
Pihu: Wow!
He handed her the toothbrush.
Ram: Ab jaldi se brush karlo. We're already late. Mumma daant lagayegi iske baad.
Pihu let out a long sigh and started brushing her teeth making Ram laugh.

At least half an hour later Ram and Pihu came downwards, both tickling each other and laughing their hearts out. Priya looked at them shaking her head smiling. Ram and Pihu both forwarded their hands towards her.
Priya(taking 2 steps back): Bilkul nahi.  Sochna bhi mat mujhe gudgudi karne ka! Chalo breakfast ke liye.
They both looked at each other, pouting and followed Priya to the dining table.

Both Ram and Pihu's eyes got bigger as they saw the huge breakfast spread in front of them that included Fruits, Flavoured milk, Banana Pancakes, Croissants, Veg sandwiches, Waffles, Gobi parantha, Sabji, Green and red chutney, Upma with ghee, Scrambled eggs, Sooji ka halwa and Kheer.
Pihu and Ram(with shining eyes): Wow!

Ram looked at Priya and saw her smiling at him. She did it because it was a special day for him, he just realised that. The smile that's plastered on her face was because of that only. Her smile depicted more than just happiness. There was a sense of pride. She was celebrating his success with him in her own way. Maybe she always did, all these years, silently. She might not be there with him yet she was there, always.

Ram felt overwhelmed with waves of  emotions washing over him and he gently held Priya's hand and pulled her in a tight hug.
Ram: Thank you Priya. For everything.
Priya was too shocked to react for a couple of seconds and then she also hugged him back.

Pihu folded her arms looking at her parents. She felt left out as they didn't even ask her to join them.
Pihu: Tch. Tch. Kisine mujhe toh poocha hi nahi.
Ram and Priya both looked at each other, sticking their tongues out and then forwarded their arms to Pihu.
Priya: Aa jao.
They placed a kiss on each cheeks of Pihu and they shared a hug together.

The three of them were laughing heartily when they heard some voices. They turned their heads and saw Adi, Brinda, Kunal and Vikrant there.
Adi: Arreyyy! Hamare bina hug kaise complete ho sakta hai.
Pihu(squealing in joy): Jaan!
Brinda: Hi meri Mini Jaan!
She took Pihu in a tight hug and then passed her to others.
Ram: Tum log abhi?
Adi: Haan. Priya ki banayi hui Kheer khaane ke liye toh main kahin bhi pohoch jaayunga.

Ram looked at him open mouthed. He thought Priya made Kheer specially for him and now he had to share it with these four "bhukkars" and that made him mad. Pihu he had no problem sharing with as she's his daughter but others he wasn't okay with.

They all sat down to have breakfast together. After sometime Ram got to know that Brinda called Priya and got to know what she was making Kheer and Adi craved for some so Priya invited all of them.

"Haan. Haan. Bulalo poori paltan ko. Yeh toh acche se aata hai tumhe", Ram thought. He took a bite of the croissant and his anger melted in a second just the way it melted in his mouth.
Ram: Ufff! It's too good.
Priya smiled at him.

Adi took a bite of the Parantha and a big smile formed on his lips.
Adi: Priya jaadu hai tumhare haathon mein!
Priya chuckled softly.

Ram took a bite of the Kheer and closed his eyes so that he could taste it more intensely. He felt the beautiful aroma of cardamom and dried rose petals combined with the sweet taste of the dry fruits singing together in the Kheer.
It had something...maybe the love and care that she put in it that made it really special. It felt a soft pat in the back. It felt like home.